Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Shadow of Mordor

I killed a LOT of Orcs yesterday. It was good, I liked killing lots of orcs. Bit soulless but I like the way it says "Here is a large open world, full of a living, breathing society. Your job is just to kill everyone. We don't care how. Off you go."

Refreshingly honest. :hmm:

The premium digital edition is 40 quid at the moment on the PS store. Just nabbed it last night and so enjoying the game, it's a little bit like Assasins Creed but in s good way!

That's what I've been doing tonight. Just killed the 4 warchiefs. It's noticeable that combat has been less button mashing recently. Actually feels like there's skill involved.

I've got this guy called Pragash Pit Fighter. He's a legendary captain at the moment. Invulnerable to ranged, stealth and "combat".

Like, any combat. :D I'm avoiding him.

Just finished it. It was decent but not as good as I thought it was going to be. The Nemesis thing was cool but I killed the captains pretty easily so none of them ever really became a massive challenge. One of them "Yuga the Ripper" or something, managed to kill me a few times in a row cos I was trying to do another quest but I defeated him as soon as I made that my main aim.

I did really like it, the combat was cool and I had to think about how to approach everything. Some of the missions were decent as well. So I would recommend it, it's definitely fun.

The ending was fucking whack though. Got to be said. I feel a bit cheated. QTE central.

Haven't played much since I got it (thank you Destiny) but Christmas holiday is here so plenty of quality gaming time!:)

I've just uninstalled this, was fun for about an hour, then the same thing again and again, looks great, feels great playing and killing but there is no point to it. There is no goal. It's like GTA but doing the same thing again and again.

Why are so many of these new AAA games so repetitive, its 9.00 on Cd keys, but I am not sure, I reckon Witcher 3 will be the one, but CD Projekt will sadly go bankrupt if people don't stop buying it for a tenner on neuvem, etc, with hacks, etc

how is the open world, worth exploring?

well, I bought it, 9.00 and its pretty good, but a few questions, what should I do in the first hour, any particular enemy or should I kill lots of enemy to get points, etc and how do saves work?, tx

well, I bought it, 9.00 and its pretty good, but a few questions, what should I do in the first hour, any particular enemy or should I kill lots of enemy to get points, etc and how do saves work?, tx
From what I remember it saves as you go. So you don't need to save especially.

It's a sandbox. Just go through picking missions you want to do. There are plenty of options, the warchiefs are fun. Lots of options open up as you progress. So the ability to control orcs only appears when you're quite far into the game.

Its a great game, but(can't believe I am saying this as usually I get slaughtered in games) I am about 3 hours in and it seems too easy especially when you are on the creature, but I seem to be able to kill with impunity, then again I avoid the captains, so this may be why!

i'm so crap at this game. i have never been good at sneaking around type game, i should have known better. i getting spotted and end up having shitloads of orcs chasing me like benny hill but without the scantily clad ladies. i've ended up using a cheat so i don't get killed :D

yes, but doesn't that mean the game is unbalanced?, I don't like very hard games but I do like some challenge.

Having said that, once you start using Orcs in missions, enemies seem to take a few more hits before dying, etc.

yes, but doesn't that mean the game is unbalanced?, I don't like very hard games but I do like some challenge.

Having said that, once you start using Orcs in missions, enemies seem to take a few more hits before dying, etc.

It does get harder. Like Arkham, you start meeting some who can only be hit from behind or counter or whatever.

I wouldn't say it ever gets really difficult but I did spend a lot of time doing hit and run.

There are times when you get 3-4 captains that can't easily be killed and you have to run to find out their weaknesses or you will be there for ages and ages or die. I think I got engrossed in one of these style battles that lasted 10-20 minutes then realised I couldn't really win and legged it.

Its a great game, but(can't believe I am saying this as usually I get slaughtered in games) I am about 3 hours in and it seems too easy especially when you are on the creature, but I seem to be able to kill with impunity, then again I avoid the captains, so this may be why!

I think this is probably my biggest complaint and why I stopped playing once I completed it. Starting to be a chore near the end. No interest in any DLC.

I think it boils down to the totally open world nature of the game itself, its too open world. Get to a point where you are clearly going to die, easily leg it and hide up a building.

I think it needed better level design, like dark souls. DS is open world but the areas are quite linear to explore, web like from a central hub, and for the bosses, its win or die.

I see the sequal is out soon. I've been meaning to play this, but seeing as my rate of completing games is stupidly slow I've not got round to it. Mind you, so far I've picked Fallout 4 and Witcher 3. I could actually do with a game that's not quite as long next.

Anyway. Trailer for Shadow of War.

Back
Top Bottom