Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Shadow of Mordor

Not sure about the tone; last I checked they wanted to go all HBO. It's Middle Earth for Frodo's sake! It's not Game of Thrones.

I've asked my brother to get it for my birthday so I'll be able to tell you all soon if it's the same as The Hobbit.

I've asked my brother to get it for my birthday so I'll be able to tell you all soon if it's the same as The Hobbit.

You are in a room with 3 orks
Hit ork with sword
An ork in now stunned
Kill ork
You do a most impressive sword move decapitating the ork and spraying the room with blood
You are in a room with 2 orks

Hit ork with sword
As you try to hit the ork another ork tries to hit you
Hit other ork with counter
You spin around and knock the other ork over.
Teabag ork
I do not understand "teabag"

Shall be buying tomorrow all being well and good, not allowed myself to get sucked into the hype machine like I did with Destiny, so hopefully it will be a nice surprise and not a dog turd in the profiteroles...

Well I played about an hour. It has a great LOTR feel to it. I like the voice acting. You can hack and slay lots of orcs. I kept on pressing Batman buttons. I have a feeling it is basically Arkham: Mordor which is fine with me...

oh, it's not even out on 360 till November. Should have checked before getting all excited. :mad: :D

oh, it's not even out on 360 till November. Should have checked before getting all excited. :mad: :D

The 360/PS3 is missing one of the main features (the Nemesis system?) according to this week's Giant Bomb podcast. They say it's what makes the game great, and last-gen doesn't have it. :(

It looks poor. A clone of AC with added gore and a complete disregard for the setting. Likely another £60 that will be five minutes long.

The 360/PS3 is missing one of the main features (the Nemesis system?) according to this week's Giant Bomb podcast. They say it's what makes the game great, and last-gen doesn't have it. :(

Yeah. I saw that too. Without that bit it's just another open world action game. Going to wait for the last gen reviews but looks like I need to update my hardware to have any hope of actually playing the proper game.

What a comedown. :(

Thats it for me, no more new games will be bought for 360. I'm not paying top dolla for second rate products.

It has ORCS and KILLING and BATMAN style moves. That's win, right there. And it will look lovely on my (son's) gaming PC. Also:

IGN said:
Every enemy that players face is a unique individual, differentiated by their personality, strengths and weaknesses. Through the Nemesis System, enemy relationships and characteristics are shaped by player actions and decisions to create personal archenemies that remember and adapt to the player and are distinct to every gameplay session. Gamers are able to craft their own battles, enemies and rewards within the dynamic world that remembers and adapts to their choices, delivering a unique experience to every player.

So yeah, if that's not on the 360, it will be shit though :D

Full PC review here

The game is probablky fine for £25. For £50+ no chance. The gameplay is an exact duplicate of AC with Batman style combat. That's all well and good, but it's just the same old same old, and using the LotR license like this is really shit. Tolkien's work is not all curbstomping and stabbing! His anti heroes weren't dark brooding detective vision ghost people!

According to Destructoid the story is about 10 hours straight. NOt sure ho wmuch beyond that for the 'open world' of Mordor (not exactly known for it's spectacular views and luscious terrain).

If they priced these games more sensibly it might be different. I suppose you could wait till it turns up @ CEX - for another £10 :D

Do you like any games? I'm genuinely interested.
Not recently. The Batman series was the last hurrah of decent game design I think. But Arkham Origins did a good job of shitting all over that. It's Christmas Eve in Gotham and there's NOONE THERE! PS, we managed to fuck up your awesome combat system - sorreee!

Apart from some bent cops waiting to be punched in the face.

I had high hopes for Injustice and the reboot of Mortal Kombat, but...le sigh.

Other than that the only thing worth a drop of piss was the Fallout games on 360. Saints Row 3 was fun, compared to the miserable controversy opera that was GTA5; a masterclass of hype and swearing.

Alien Isolation is out next week. Apparently it's scary, but again £50 for a game that once it's over, that's it.

Back
Top Bottom