Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Severe weather warning for London - 23rd Aug

editor

hiraethified
It's certainly getting a bit windy out there!

del.jpg

Forecasters Warning
Heavy Thundery Rain

Areas Affected: Mainly central, southern and eastern counties of England and Wales.

Valid: 19:00 Monday 22nd August - 20:00 Tuesday 23rd August 2011

This is an update to the Weather Warning that was issued by Metcheck on Sunday 21st August, this update issued at 23:00 on Monday 22nd August 2011.

Spells of heavy and persistent rain associated with a slow moving area of low pressure moving up from the Bay of Biscay are expected to affect southern and eastern parts of Britain during Monday night and Tuesday.

Some of the rain will be very heavy at times, potentially bringing over an inch (25mm) of rainfall in places in the above time period. This will result in hazardous travelling conditions and bring the risk of some localised flooding. There is also the risk of hail and lightning.

This Weather Warning will expire at 16:00 on Tuesday 23rd August

http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/warnings.asp

I know, heard on the news earlier. Bit worried as I've got blocked drains and plumber's not coming 'til 24th :(

Is that a euphanism????

No!

:oops:

The plumber will not be attending my drains... nah, that doesn't sound right

The plumber will not be trying to find the source of the blockage until 24th

(I'm positive that can't be misconstrued as a euphamism) :hmm:

Dry here, but at the top of a hill anyway, so the only risk is inconvenience. :)

Severe weather warning for London? So do I still live there? Because I could have sworn I moved out only where I live is also coloured red :hmm:

If I wanted to wash my hair, I would have done without the weather's help. :mad:

What happened to it then? I put all my buckets out as Camden council will not be fixing the leaking roof they replaced 2 years ago until later in the week and nothing happened.

Beautiful sunny day here in Edinburgh, there's something wrong with this picture :hmm::D

The Beeb or more accurately, the Met office issue a lot of severe weather warnings these days. While it is true that our weather has become more dramatic in the last few years, especially relating to floods and storm-force winds I think the alerts reflect a change in policy and practice among weather forecasters who are more mindful if their image and reputation.

Here in Debn where I be now, the sky be grey and it rained a bit about half an hour ago. The local forecast last night was for heavy rain.

A bit hazy here in the South West's capital.

Yes that I just the sort of 'dramatic ' weather to which I was alluding earlier. A bit of haze can be a real killer.

Anyway, Bristol is not the capital of the South West - It is practically in the Midlands
;)

Back
Top Bottom