Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Security Camera

steveseagull

I want to put up a security camera outside the back. This light is currently there. No idea if it works as I have no idea where I can switch it on or off. Cannot find a switch for it anywhere. I assume the bulb has gone. Anyway, I would like to swap it out with a security camera.

Is that connect a standard connector for this sort of thing as I will need to power it from the outside

286083416_10159722694368886_137857448847933044_n.jpg

I want to put up a security camera outside the back. This light is currently there. No idea if it works as I have no idea where I can switch it on or off. Cannot find a switch for it anywhere. I assume the bulb has gone. Anyway, I would like to swap it out with a security camera.

Is that connect a standard connector for this sort of thing as I will need to power it from the outside

View attachment 326731
Those exposed inner cores of the flex are potentially dangerous. They need to be enclosed as there is just a single layer of insulation covering the copper.
After switching off all the electric to be safe, you might be able to carefully pull some slack out of the wall with the outer sheath on. If not, some kind of box needs to cover those cores.
Once Inside the box you can connect and extend.

Back
Top Bottom