Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Russian man 'trapped' on Chinese reality TV show finally voted out after three months

editor

hiraethified
Crazy story!

A Russian man who joined a boyband competition show on Chinese TV on a whim but quickly regretted his decision has finally been released from his ordeal after making it all the way to the final.

Vladislav Ivanov, a 27-year-old part-time model from Vladivostok, was working on the show Produce Camp 2021 as a translator when producers reportedly noticed his good looks and asked him to sign up as a contestant.

Ivanov told the programme he had been asked “if I’d like to try a new life” and agreed, but quickly came to regret the decision. Unable to leave on his own without breaching his contract and paying a fine, he instead begged viewers to send him home and deliberately performed poorly in the hope of being voted off.

It's a bit like "I'm a Celebrity ,get me out of here" where the wimpy contestant who screams and shudders at the creepy crawlies is the one who always gets picked for the trials. Bit like the modern version of giving the fallen gladiator the thumbs down.

Passed me by completely as I'm an old fart, just had a look and there's obviously plenty of memes:
View attachment 265402
Characters mean something along the lines of "don't go thinking you can knock off work [get out of it]"
Love how he seems to have become a symbol of the everyman stuck in a shitty job you can't get out of. Still, I imagine the post-job opportunities will be better than for most shitty jobs so I don't feel too sorry for him.

Back
Top Bottom