Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Rubbish tourist attractions: the ‘Narrowest Street In The World’ in Reutlingen, Germany

This one is even better

brydges-place-04.jpg

Brydges Place, Covent Garden, London, the narrowest alleyway in London.

How is it better at being a narrow street if it's wider than the Exeter one?

Ahem:

Parliament Street is a 50-metre (160 ft) long street in the city of Exeter, Devon, England. It links the High Street to Waterbeer Street and dates from the 14th century. At about 0.64 metres (2 ft 1 in) at its narrowest and approximately 1.22 metres (4 ft 0 in) at its widest, it has been claimed to be the world's narrowest street

Brydges Place is an alley between St Martin's Lane and Bedfordbury in the City of Westminster, Greater London, running alongside the Coliseum. It is especially narrow, being just 1 foot 3 inches (0.38 m) wide at one point, and so is commonly claimed to be the narrowest street in London

That Harry Potter attraction at Kings Cross - I love it how they have a worker who flaps your scarf about when you have your photo taken.

There is a narrower one than that in Johnshaven Aberdeenshire - I couldn’t even fit my shoulders down it, so had to go sideways!

Think it’s been blocked at one end in the last year or so due to a dispute between the new owners on one side and the council over continued access!

Oh - and Drumnadrochit/Loch Ness a rip-off dismal shithole where it even costs you 50p to use the bogs.

Yes - I remember being particularly fucked off by the Loch Ness Visitor's Centre over 30 years ago when I visited... moneygrabbers on the make. It still hurts. :mad:

I still can't make my mind up on this one. Is it brilliant or a bit on the tacky side? (It's a Luke Kelly statue in Dublin's Sheriff St)

images

Back
Top Bottom