Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Roughest/Nicest parts of Leeds?

Glad I don't live there. I remember it being okay before all the glass buildings and hipster fucks destroyed the place. The rest of WY is so much better, and yes, I'm including Batley.

i've long thought the station the nicest part of leeds. which is a pity as the centre would have been nicer if it wasn't just another load of high streets with shops barely without exception you can find in any other large town or city in the uk.

I live in gipton, originally from cookridge and have lived in horsforth, Morley, tinshill, hawksworth, bramley, farnley and armley. Tinshill, horsforth and hawksworth - shithole, horsforth use to be nice, my mum still lives there with my brother and they say it's disgraceful now. Morley is nice. Bramley , farnley and armley are nice in parts but mainly armley is full of migrants now. I can honestly say that gipton, where I live now is nice and quiet- only bother is now and again kids flying around on bikes. I live closer to harehills than seacroft but visit both places quite a lot and seacroft is just full of Muppets that think there something there not. Harehills is the slums of Leeds but to be honest despite what you hear I have walked up there late on a night to the 24 hr shop and never had a problem, maybe just luck I don't know. I also no that beeston and holbeck are not too great beeston is full of thieves and drug dealer and holbeck is full of prostitutes and smackheads. In my opinion the best places to live in Leeds would be Morley, moorgrange though moorgrange is surrounded by bad areas it still is nice. Chapel allerton and meanwood are nice too just not beckhills or miles hills ( forgot to mention I lived on beckhill avenue around 13 years ago though it may of changed now when I lived there there were a couple of big families that had a reputation steels and rileys but got on with me fine though I did bray one of the rileys once so can't be too hard haha). Don't really know much about many other areas but I am aware parts of otley, yeadon and guisley are suppose to be nice.
I feel safe walking through anywhere in Leeds at night but the high risk areas are Gipton/Beeston and Lincoln green near the estates

I'v Been out of Leeds for 37 years but still come back to visit family in fact last week being the last time. Your talk of dodgy areas quite a few I lived / stayed in back in the 70's are no better or worse than deprived areas in any great city in the EU. The level of acceptable violence & crime over the years has of course got worse but I wonder what it will get like once the competition for housing, school places, NHS places reaches bursting point. For with the increased levels of immigration legal or other wise these are the areas that will be put under an intollerable strain.

I'v Been out of Leeds for 37 years but still come back to visit family in fact last week being the last time. Your talk of dodgy areas quite a few I lived / stayed in back in the 70's are no better or worse than deprived areas in any great city in the EU. The level of acceptable violence & crime over the years has of course got worse but I wonder what it will get like once the competition for housing, school places, NHS places reaches bursting point. For with the increased levels of immigration legal or other wise these are the areas that will be put under an intollerable strain.
And fuck you too

i've long thought the station the nicest part of leeds. which is a pity as the centre would have been nicer if it wasn't just another load of high streets with shops barely without exception you can find in any other large town or city in the uk.

Yeah but juxtaposed against, say, Middlesbrough, it's fucking brilliant. It's easy to tut from that London. Good cunt magnet this thread anyway (don't mean you pickman's)

The level of acceptable violence & crime over the years has of course got worse but I wonder what it will get like once the competition for housing, school places, NHS places reaches bursting point. For with the increased levels of immigration legal or other wise these are the areas that will be put under an intollerable strain.

Firstly the "level of acceptable violence and crime" has markedly decreased over the past 20 years by any measure you care to look at. I moved to leeds in the early 90s - burglary levels and car crime in places like hyde park were insane and violence was far more commonplace - especially in the city centre on weekend evenings. Certain areas definitely did NOT feel safe to walk around at night. There several riots in the 90s as well. Its is a far far safer city nowadays.

And you can fuck off with your immigration shroud waving bollocks as well.

Every bit of Leeds has its good and bad bits. Like most big cities there are massive changes every half mile or so but no area is entirely crap. I currently live in Meanwood which has the nicest park in the city (Leeds is one d the greenest cities zone Europe) but every area has its charms.

enhanced-27838-1426434111-3.jpg
30222916.jpg

meanwood park - in the middle of leeds. What a shithole.

HI Please Help is Morley really that bad hoping to move there soon in to a nice 4 bed detached. I am indian and worried by some of the comments on here... we are a pretty normal family ..??

Morley - Dunno if I mentioned it up-thread but my mate Chris is mixed race and his wife is a bit Mediterranean- looking. They bought a house there and stuck it out for a year before they moved back to Harehills. Really felt a strong racist vibe.

It probably depends on which bit of Morley.

HI Please Help is Morley really that bad hoping to move there soon in to a nice 4 bed detached. I am indian and worried by some of the comments on here... we are a pretty normal family ..??

Morley is one of the less diverse areas. It returned a BNP councillor in the recent past - so yeah you're more likely to get racist grief there then other areas.

Morley is one of the less diverse areas. It returned a BNP councillor in the recent past - so yeah you're more likely to get racist grief there then other areas.

That’s a very diplomatic way of putting it. I’ve been struggling to think of good things about Morley but can only come up with the splendid Yorkshire Vetinerary Hospital and a good Club night (Orbit - I think it was) in the late 80s. Unfortunately ime it always seems to pop up in the same sentence as incidents of violence (racist and otherwise). Mrs SFM’s workmate’s boyfriend (Chinese ancestry but from Chapeltown) got his jaw, arm and leg broken in an unprovoked attack outside a Morley chip shop. My mate, who lives there, has neighbours who don’t try to hide their EDL/BNP sympathies and put dogshit through his letterbox. I could go on but it’s probably fair to say it has much more of small-town vibe than its big city neighbour.

Back
Top Bottom