Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Roath flood scheme, Cardiff

there's loads more coming down further up the parks through roath mill to brook gardens, all along the brook.

the tree people have now marked all the condemned trees as per the plan through roath brook and roath mill gardens with a jaunty red cross :/ in good news there's one that i marked that may not be going after all. otherwise i think my tagging's been pretty accurate - the whole clump in the corner of raoth mill by the zebra crossing has gone now :(

as for the ribbons in waterloo gardens i have no idea where that info's come from. it certainly isn't marked on the planning maps i've been using. will ask around...

just found this - kid1 in waterloo gardens :) about 9 years ago :eek:

488990229_9176e06907.jpg

I joined the FB group but it annoyed me straight away. Some very passive aggressive person complaining about the wrong types of bows and marks on the trees.

i was directed to the fb group to ask about the ribbons in wg, but i'm a fb refusenik. Supine does anyone say where the info came from about further felling?

i haven't been down that end of the park in months. looks like i should keep avoiding it the state it looks in the vid :(

where are they planning to plant the trees on the rec? the pitches seem to be relatively well used from what i see...

keep forgetting to post these, not Waterloo gardens but top of Roath Rec
think they've cleared loads of bushes from here?? not sure about trees
topofRec2017.jpg topofRec2017b.jpg

I dont know who the councillors are for that area, but can someone tell us if they have been active in doing anything about this. I’m assuming they may be Tory and keen to do anything to oppose WAG initiatives.

Last edited:
I dont know who the councillors are for that area, but can someone tell us if they have been active in doing anything about this. I’m assuming they may be Tory and keen to do anything to oppose WAG initiatives.

They're all LibDem and have supported the protests. The Tories at Assembly level inc. Andrew RT Davies have asked questions supportive of the protests in the Assembly, as has Neil McEvoy (Plaid Cymru).

seen the massive tree that's come down in park by Waterloo Gardens??
one of the biggest there :(

Attachments

• Waterloognstreefallen.jpg
    Waterloognstreefallen.jpg
    219.9 KB · Views: 11
They'd fenced the end closest to the rec off and done at least a tree there saying it was unsafe

Attachments

• IMG_20180109_154349909.jpg
    IMG_20180109_154349909.jpg
    635.3 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20180109_154342852.jpg
    IMG_20180109_154342852.jpg
    517.3 KB · Views: 6
does anyone know where the wood from the funky root tree is going/has gone? i would dearly like a piece if someone can find/grab me one? pm!

eta: i have sourced one ethically and locally :thumbs:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom