Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Road racing to be allowed in the UK.

***Closes eyes***

***Breathes deeply***

***Frees mind and imagination***

'And tonight, Matthew, I'm going to be...'

4f6c6623304a7964abd8ddc36d7c34a0.jpg

FUCK YEAH!

Watching cars drive round in circles is never interesting.
Particularly if you live inside the circle. We ready have that absurd bike race that fucks up one summer Sunday a year for lots of people living in SourhWest London and Surrey and the London Marathon and no doubt other similar excuses for boosting the egos of local bigwigs and spending the advertising budget of large corporations in other parts of the country. I remembee the recent electric car races in Battersea Park when Wandsworth Council said that local opposition was irrelevant as it would bring pleasure to Wadsworth residents who didn't live near the park.

Particularly if you live inside the circle. We ready have that absurd bike race that fucks up one summer Sunday a year for lots of people living in SourhWest London and Surrey and the London Marathon and no doubt other similar excuses for boosting the egos of local bigwigs and spending the advertising budget of large corporations in other parts of the country. I remembee the recent electric car races in Battersea Park when Wandsworth Council said that local opposition was irrelevant as it would bring pleasure to Wadsworth residents who didn't live near the park.
I live in a cycling mecca. One year, they shut everything down for road races on four separate occasions. Now, that may not sound a lot. But it means that there were four Saturdays during the most pleasant months of the year that we couldn't go anywhere. That's quite a high proportion of the decent Saturdays on offer. It's not like it gets shut down on a wet Tuesday in February.

Maybe they could have a day they just open it to the public. :)
I forget the exact details but one of Thatcher's lesser known works was to make the Road Traffic Act (and thus speed limits) apply to all publicly-accessible roads including private land. Otherwise it's possible that the M6T would have a higher limit.

Also I'm going to get in early and say how this development marks the first step in a post-Brexit transition to the new Mad Max version of the UK.

So, Siliverstone, Brands Hatch and Rockingham Speedway aren't enough for the bastards? They want my comfy b roads and shit now. Well we shall see about that. I think sufficiently redesigned caltrops might make a comeback. Speed those freaks will be doing it only has to be a minor tyre damage and they flip it.

its war.

I think it's because they're throwing/have thrown (I can't remember the stage it's at...) the Formula E out of Battersea Park because of residents' protests.

Having been involved in a fair few discussion forums on the issue, it's been almost exclusive blokes who wanted the Formula E on the park.

The Council found that it was a real money spinner and, so it's probably cash money that's talking...

Formula E eyeing London street race to replace Battersea Park

Kids already race down the A3 on Saturday evenings and probably plenty of other times. I also hear the Hindhead tunnel gets
used a bit by drivers of loud cars.

Back
Top Bottom