Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

RIP Mishi, Dulwich Hamlet legend, 20/12/2019

For me this was the key take from Mishi's post

"And you know what, I can’t quite put my finger on it, but I don’t care. The most important thing for me is that I am loving every minute of it…and I feel like pinching myself to see if it’s all a weird dream or not. It’s not…it is REAL & I am living the dream! And if the ‘price’ to be paid for that is to be labelled ‘hipsters’ and ‘students’ then so be it. For fans like me realise we are so much more than that. " (March 2014)

Speaking of Frank. Remember Walton away when Paul Vosper cautioned 15 players, one twice when the worst foul was by them? We ended up shouting our names and addresses asking him to caution us as well. It was mid week. Vosper was woken up by silent phone calls at stupid o clock. We got reported. They were tracked to the call box next to the pub Frank ran. Mishi lived in the same road....

On Saturday we were away. The league swapped the ref for a good experienced one. Our officials cane out pre match and went nuts. We denied all knowledge. At about 2.57 the ref and linesmen ran out. Mishi was leaning against the fence and simply said ," have a good game ref, I can't afford to phone you as well". The ref doubled up laughing. The DHFC officials who had been over interrogating us rapidly ran away.

We probably got the club fined for that TBH.
It was actually 10 yellow cards for Hamlet, but not one for W&H despite as you say the worst foul of the match being by one of their players. All our starting XI except the goalkeeper and Micky Rootes were booked, plus a second yellow for Luke Anderson. Frank had actually left us to manage Hendon by then, it was the John Ryan and Mick Browne era, but Mishi did live less than a hundred yards from Frank's pub in Sydenham!

A photo tribute to Mishi

One year on: Dulwich Hamlet superfan Mishi Morath remembered - in photos

Back
Top Bottom