Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

RIP Matthew Perry (Chandler from Friends), aged 54

Friends was a absolute phenomenon. And the reason was because it was consistently funny and endearing.

I've not paid too much attention to their lives outside friends. From interviews i remember thinking he was genuinely funny IRL. I had thought his addiction woes started with prescribed painkillers. Well done to him for helping others with their addiction. Its more than most bother to do.

RIP Matthew Perry. 54 is too young.

Last edited:
the guardian's posted up some of his best moments. he was actually quite funny. ive not watched friends in 25 years or something.

Mrs SFM was a Friends fan so I kind of watched it by unintentional osmosis but he was easily my favourite character as he was an antidote to the anodyne Ross who was such an annoying piece of shit. RIP for giving something twee a bit of edge. I’ve lost several friends at this sort of age to suicide so wonder if it’s some kind of crisis point? Probably best something for another thread though.

'From where you're kneeling it must seem like an 18 carate run of bad luck. But truth is...the game was rigged from the start' one of the most iconic lines in computer games for me, RIP Benny.

Friends was exceptional really, so witty, consistent. The whole nation seemed to watch it. I have read he was a big part of the writing of it. He was easily my fav character and very sad to see him go. Rest in peace.

Apparently he was the only cast member who was on the writing team. I didn't know this until I was listening to radio 4 earlier, where David Baddiel was explaining why Perry's comedic timing was so brilliant - turning the emphasis on words into a comedy artform. It was something that largely went over my head but when he breaks it down through the lens of the standup comedian he really makes you understand why Matthew Perry was so good at acting.

Back
Top Bottom