Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Rickenbacker guitars galore at this wonderful central London exhibition!

editor

hiraethified
Saw an amazing selection of Rickenbacker guitars here! Runs until 2nd April 2022.

1648033441511.png

1648033447169.png

1648033452331.png

1648033464086.png

It was always the Rickenbacker bass that I was most impressed with. A Scottish band on the west coast (but getting all over) use to have twin Rickenbacker's on Bass and lead. A band called Chow Parrot (or chou parou) the pair of them made a noise that was magical in its loudness and power. Hearing them made me appreciate the power that could be gotten from a Rickenbacker

I think lovers of the Ric bass will enjoy this video about its history:

The same channel has another video about the Ric 12-string.

Just been and it is a very nice little exhibition. Only disappointment is that neither Mani's, Lemmy's or Lennon's guitars were on show. Just a pic and a bit of info.

The same channel has another video about the Ric 12-string.
I always thought the layout of the 12 string tuning pegs was a great idea (and there is a quote from George Harrison at the exhibition agreeing with me).

So the bass player from the Monochrome Set went along and one of the guys there got talking to him. When he pointed out that he had the same 1960s model as the model in the exhibition, the guy then unlocked the bass off the wall and let him play it! He was very happy!

Back
Top Bottom