Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Religions and cults on the streets of Brixton

Here's a new one

busker-boxing-gloves-01.jpg

I think this the one with the crazy amount of reverb. Can’t actually hear what he’s saying.

And a few more

preachers-july-2022-01.jpg

preach-sing-01.jpg

preacher-tree-01.jpg

I was given a Potters House leaflet in Streatham outside the Odeon yesterday.
These people have been around for years - and have been accused of being a cult.
Looks like the Streatham group is hosted online via the central organisation in Arizona - and they have a grievance procedure, which kind of amazed me.
They also have a "moral policy" for the pastors:

Meetings are in the Gracefield Gardens Health Centre prop. Guys St Thomas's NHS Foundation Trust.
One hopes that accepting rent from this American church of damaged people does not lead to further referrals (which cannot be accomodated) at South London and Maudsley NHS Fioundation Trust.

The word spacing and inconsistent punctuation on that sign makes me believe I'm the devil.
Quite near you in Burton Road is a Swedenborgian Church. They probably believe even the Devil deserves a pleasant afterlife!
1685303602125.png
Michael Church, Burton Road, was erected in 1892 to serve as a school and place of worship. It was constructed for 'The Academy' movement of the 'Church of the New Jerusalem', which followed the precepts of Emmanuel Swedenborg, 1688 -1772. The church played an important part during World War Two serving as a focus for those of its congregation who served with the Allied forces. Following the war the congregation grew steadily through the 1950s and continues to serve South London and to maintain close links with other congregations in Britain and the United States.Digital copies of photographs donated by Rev. Frederick Elphick.

One hopes that the Hebrew Israelites - whether in Windrush Square or anywhere else in London - can assist on this ...

Hopefully, members of the Hebrew Israelite cult - whether in Windrush Square or anywhere else - will be able to explain this:

Burned, beaten, murdered: What happened to three-year-old Dwelaniyah Robinson

82735849-13223727-Christina_Robinson_pictured_has_been_found_guilty_of_murdering_h-m-19_1711033962920.jpg

(Source: as stated in image)

Hebrew Israelite cult member, Christina Robinson, will be sentenced to life imprisonment for the murder of her child and four related child cruelty offences by Mr Justice Garnham at Newcastle Crown Court on 24 May 2024.

Hopefully, members of the Hebrew Israelite cult - whether in Windrush Square or anywhere else - will be able to explain this:

Burned, beaten, murdered: What happened to three-year-old Dwelaniyah Robinson

82735849-13223727-Christina_Robinson_pictured_has_been_found_guilty_of_murdering_h-m-19_1711033962920.jpg

(Source: as stated in image)

Hebrew Israelite cult member, Christina Robinson, will be sentenced to life imprisonment for the murder of her child and four related child cruelty offences by Mr Justice Garnham at Newcastle Crown Court on 24 May 2024.

Hopefully, Hebrew Israelite cult members will share their views on the murder of The Late Dwelaniyah Robinson and the sentence passed on his murderer ...

85301009-13456523-image-a-50_1716560410913.jpg

The Late Dwelaniyah Robinson

85301013-13456523-image-m-52_1716560423696.jpg

... life imprisonment with a minimum term of 25 years.

Back
Top Bottom