Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Quincy ME has died

And the women in the bay area all pine for their phallus king :(

FA0054-3.jpg

Quincy put the fear of cosmetic surgery into me thus saving me a fortune if I ever win the lottery and decide I want to look better :cool:

He was in the Dick Van Dyke medical murder show a few years back after he'd had thoat cancer. He was basically playing a retired quincy who'd had throat cancer..... he could hardly speak but still out acted the entire cast.....although not especially difficult when the furniture tended to out-act most of them.

Quincy must have made a lot of enemies over the years. Are we sure there was no foul play? If only there was some kind of amazing sleuth medical examiner who could check.

it can be no coincidence that one , or more ,of these enemies was probably perennial baddie Charles Durning . Whom Quincy probably had banged up at least 2 or 3 times during the 1970s

Just reading there about Durning . Had a serious war record . One of the most heavily decorated surving veterans until his demise,something he never spoke about until quite recent years, and even then reluctantly at the urging of veterans groups. One of the few survivors of the SS Malmedy massacre too .

"His is a remarkable story of survival. As a 21-year-old infantryman, Private Charles Durning was in the first wave of soldiers to land on Omaha Beach during the D-Day invasion of Normandy. He was the only man to survive a machine-gun ambush. Despite suffering serious machine gun and shrapnel wounds, Durning killed seven German gunners to survive D-Day.

Several months later, in Belgium, Durning was stabbed eight times by a bayonet-wielding teenage German soldier. That day, he survived by killing the German with a rock in hand-to-hand combat. Durning recovered from those wounds and was released from the hospital just in time to fight in the Battle of the Bulge, where he was taken prisoner.

Charles Durning was one of only three men to survive the infamous massacre of American POWs at Malmedy, Belgium. He and two others escaped, and the rest were murdered. Durning was obliged to return with American troops to identify the bodies of his fellow prisoners.

Several months later, a chest wound caused his return to the US, where he recovered from both physical and psychological wounds in Army hospitals until being discharged as a Private First Class in January 1946, a month shy of his 23rd birthday.

For his service during World War II, Charles Durning was awarded the Silver Star Medal and three Purple Hearts".

Just reading there about Durning . Had a serious war record . One of the most heavily decorated surving veterans until his demise,something he never spoke about until quite recent years, and even then reluctantly at the urging of veterans groups. One of the few survivors of the SS Malmedy massacre too .

Back
Top Bottom