Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Quiche and Gravy - crap/not crap

Quiche with gravy

• Total voters
EastEnder said:
Does it go with your corduroys?

:(

:mad:

I don't have corduroys. Unless they're metaphorical.

E2A: oh god, I've just remembered, I do have a pair of corduroys. Shiny silvery-beige ones.

Curse you, quiche-hating masses :mad: *shakes fist*

i had quiche for tea tonight and do none of those things. :cool:

(except watch antiques roadshow, but that's very rarely)

(and i wear cords, or rather i have worn cords, but that was in the past)

(but i never listen to the brotherhood of man, although my dad had their album, but he never listened to it, it was unwanted present from one of his brothers)

so...

...there :)

So, assuming you're not one of these sad, bitter people who have a distorted and stereotypical view of quiche in general, and you cruelly voted "crap" anyway, is it the idea of meaty gravy plus quiche that's offputting?

Because we have quiche and gravy a LOT, and it's always veggie gravy, which doesn't really taste like gravy at all. I'm not actually a big fan of it; don't really approve of veggie products fashioned in the image of meat products at all; but some things are just too dry without it.

milesy said:
you can go and make us all some quiche with gravy to say sorry :)
:) The more i think about quiche and gravy, the more inclined to try it,,,

Yes, I am looking forward to eating such a dish,,,,

*Miss Daisy* said:
:) The more i think about quiche and gravy, the more inclined to try it,,,

Yes, I am looking forward to eating such a dish,,,,

i think it would depend on the gravy. it seems like it would be foul with a heavy/meat flavoured one, but alright with one made with something like marigold. it would also depend on the contents of the quiche.

toggle said:
i think it would depend on the gravy. it seems like it would be foul with a heavy/meat flavoured one, but alright with one made with something like marigold. it would also depend on the contents of the quiche.
:) Hmmm,,,, twould be broccoli or asparagus maybe,,,made with free range eggs,, and a nice wholemeal pastry,, with gentle tastey yet not too tastey gravy,, served with little roasted baby potatoes and sweet(ish) carrots, and some of them thin long beans,,, Mmmmmmmm,,,
OOoo and possibly a nice crisp yorkshire pudding,,,

*Miss Daisy* said:
:) Hmmm,,,, twould be broccoli or asparagus maybe,,,made with free range eggs,, and a nice wholemeal pastry,, with gentle tastey yet not too tastey gravy,, served with little roasted baby potatoes and sweet(ish) carrots, and some of them thin long beans,,, Mmmmmmmm,,,

droooooool :eek:

I'm afraid quiche-with-gravy would break my cardinal rule of soggy food=wrongness. I can't be doing with soggy food. So it's no vote from me.

However, I did make quiche from scratch the other week. Made the pastry myself and everything. I was dead proud.

*Miss Daisy* said:

Hmmmm, asparagus quiche. That sounds like a really good idea atm. I've gto asparagus in the fridge.

You're one of those wrong uns who try and sneak gravy onto nearly every dish aren't you, regardless of the integrity of the dish? You probably have chips with gravy and other perverted bastardisations too

:mad:

Down with this kind of thing - it makes every meal a homogenous gravy experience, dragged into sloppy similarity for lazy tastebuds.

I'm off to set up Gravy-Eaters Anonymous now. There are too many addicts around, hooked on the foul chemical granules sold by the Bisto pimps. Fight back - resist the brown...

:mad: ;)

stop with the gravy bashing you food snob :mad:

gravy CAN be lovely, if made properly :)

I won't hear a bad word against it :mad:

aqua said:
stop with the gravy bashing you food snob :mad:

gravy CAN be lovely, if made properly :)

I won't hear a bad word against it :mad:

What's snobby about not liking gravy on every meal? I can't help it that some people are hopeless addicts...

And you're right - there's nowt bad to say about gravy. At the right time, made properly and with love, it's one of the finest meat and meal lubrications anyone could ever ask for. Nowt finer with yorkshires and beef for example.

But we're not talking about proper gravy in the main. People who buy that foul chemical gunk in powders and granules are just slaves to the corporate system, routinely pouring over sub-standard slop over all kinds of nonsense. It's cheapening and lessening the full on beauty of the gravy experience for us all.

Even Bisto-style artificiality, once in a while isn't a bad thing. But used too often and it'll rot you from the inside, sending your tastebuds on a desperate spiral of depravity and addiction. It's like graduating from the occasional fine real beer to drinking Tenants Super in the morning every day.

Fight the evil - join Gravy-Eaters Anonymous today...

:( ;)

:D:D:D:D:D

that has to be one of the funniest posts I've read in ages!!! cheers!

*goes back to her gravy eating ways and refuses to join GEA*

*smothers her fish n chips in gravy*

Gravy on fish and chips? My gosh - the addiction has gone further in you than even I feared. An Aqua exclusion zone and cold turkey may be the only answer. Have you any next of kin we can notify in case of any problems?

I mean, it's not as though the warning signs weren't there. Look at this deperate pair of addicts, sniffing heavily, eyes closed and spannered grins on face - they're so clearly hooked:

bisto1985.jpg

Oh Aqua...

:(

Quiche is just the wrongest of foods. Especially if you have only half a pancreas. Digesting that much egg becomes a potentially painful & sloppy fart-laced experience!

pogofish said:
Quiche is just the wrongest of foods. Especially if you have only half a pancreas. Digesting that much egg becomes a potentially painful & sloppy fart-laced experience!
:eek: Toooo much information me thinks,,,,

;)

Back
Top Bottom