Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Queen Death: Thread for unhinged Tweets, opinions and behaviour

Some of us are old enough to remember pre Elizabeth florins and shillings circulating as 5p and 10p I think right through the 80s.

I am one of them despite being a whippersnapper by comparison. Although apparently old enough to use the term whippersnapper.

But even without that experience, no country would suddenly have no valid cash or stamps just because its monarch had died.

j06rvme5ypm91.jpg

I am one of them despite being a whippersnapper by comparison. Although apparently old enough to use the term whippersnapper.

But even without that experience, no country would suddenly have no valid cash or stamps just because its monarch had died.
The only reason people think it is that decimalisation wiped out all the pre Brenda bank notes. And coin size redesign got rid of the last of the pre Liz coins. Else we’d have the evidence to the contrary in our wallets. Well, if we didn’t just use our phones.

Is she one of the surprisingly large number of people who genuinely think we won't be able to use cash or stamps tomorrow?

And the woman who tweeted that followed it up with:

View attachment 341726

It's not a parody account.
They all need to calm down.

[Edit] Tbf it's hard to see the words 'King Charles' without assuming a parody or scam.

It’s actually true. We can’t use Elizabeth post boxes either.

i did read an (alleged) news article earlier that did (seemingly being serious) say that they didn't think post boxes would get taken out and replaced as there are still 'a few' George VI ones out there

:facepalm:

there's still some queen victoria ones in use

and think the handful of Edward VIII ones have mostly got listed status.

i did read an (alleged) news article earlier that did (seemingly being serious) say that they didn't think post boxes would get taken out and replaced as there are still 'a few' George VI ones out there

:facepalm:

there's still some queen victoria ones in use

and think the handful of Edward VIII ones have mostly got listed status.
Fucking hell, there’s still weeks of this stuff to go.

Back
Top Bottom