Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Public art in London

Lord Camomile

Yipchaa!
Thinking of doing a bit of a walking tour of public art in London this summer.

Where/what should I be looking at?

Fourth plinth, obvs...

Not sure if Postman's Park counts as public art, plus I've already been there a couple of times, but it's my walk so I guess I get to decide! :D

Thinking of doing a bit of a walking tour of public art in London this summer.

Where/what should I be looking at?

Fourth plinth, obvs...

Not sure if Postman's Park counts as public art, plus I've already been there a couple of times, but it's my walk so I guess I get to decide! :D
walk the southern side Thames Path - there's loads there, including a Gormley

Unless they're particularly interesting, I'm not super enthused about the idea of auld soldier statues.

Having just looked it up, you mean Quantum? Randomly came across it a while back, had absolutely no idea what it was :D
I don't know what it's called - it's on the Greenwich Peninsula and is a human figure made out of steel rods

Aye, that's the one.

3850741_c3c6e887.jpg

No photo, but Richard Serra's sculpture (I think it's called Fulcrum) at Broadgate is pretty amazing. And there's another Hepworth on the side of John Lewis, Oxford Street. And a Henry Moore in Battersea Park.

I like Peter Pan in Kensington Gdns...twee I know. Also the nearby Elfin Oak, although the protective cage around it spoils it for me. There's another Henry Moore on the street near Tate Britain. And I think the cherubs on the fountain in the courtyard of St James' church in Picadilly are the pinnacle of cherubness...beautiful weathered green patina and seashells. It's got it all , no idea who made it.FB_IMG_1495300758607.jpg

w_992.jpg

Back
Top Bottom