Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Property developer Gerry Knight & Lexadon fined £175k under Proceeds of Crime Act

KeT3VgL.png

link to tweet

The bad condition of the roof ledge at The Viaduct was obvious to my naked eye a few weeks back. Why does Lexadon put those ugly metallic penthouses on all their properties?

....i’m no expert but it could be a simple matter of screwing enough money out of the site as possible.right now they are building a fkin monstrosity on top of the former Normandy Arms, doubtless there will be nuff takers for a spot of penthouse living, although the number of to let signs outside the bog standard yuppie hutches suggest that side of things may be on a slide....

The bad condition of the roof ledge at The Viaduct was obvious to my naked eye a few weeks back. Why does Lexadon put those ugly metallic penthouses on all their properties?
It's a planning trick. The material treatment is that of a roof, so it makes the building look like a three-storey one with a "loft conversion" rather than the four storey building it is. Makes it look less bulky in the drawings.

It's a planning trick. The material treatment is that of a roof, so it makes the building look like a three-storey one with a "loft conversion" rather than the four storey building it is. Makes it look less bulky in the drawings.

...in the case of the normandy the penthouse is being added after a few years of the original development, they tried once for planning but got knocked back and then sneakily reapplied and it slipped under the radar...

Reactions: CH1
he's at it again, Lexadon got permission to build at on ex light industrial land at the back of our the flat, there is a dispute about where the line is between his land and ours. The people living in the basement came home on Friday to discover this, thereby blocking a fire escape and making it impossible to access the pipes (water/soil) such a lovely man :mad:

Attachments

• 544E80DA-08E6-4803-9999-B2F22C26507E.JPG
    544E80DA-08E6-4803-9999-B2F22C26507E.JPG
    214.1 KB · Views: 75
he's at it again, Lexadon got permission to build at on ex light industrial land at the back of our the flat, there is a dispute about where the line is between his land and ours. The people living in the basement came home on Friday to discover this, thereby blocking a fire escape and making it impossible to access the pipes (water/soil) such a lovely man :mad:
How can that be legal, FFS?

That's just asking to be 'mysteriously' torn down.

If you fancy adding a few more facts and any response from the convicted criminal Knight's company, I'd be delighted to host it on Buzz.

This could be covered by planning enforcement. Worth filling in the form and adding picture. If they say it is they will have to act on it.

I was twiddling my thumbs in the only full-service Wetherspoons in Lambeth (The Holland Tringham) when I paused to read "The London Drinker" - Spring edition
Paulet LD.jpg
sure enough CAMRA predicted right - hot off Lambeth's planning site:
2023-04-13.jpg

I was twiddling my thumbs in the only full-service Wetherspoons in Lambeth (The Holland Tringham) when I paused to read "The London Drinker" - Spring edition
View attachment 370510
sure enough CAMRA predicted right - hot off Lambeth's planning
View attachment 370510
sure enough CAMRA predicted right - hot off Lambeth's planning site:
View attachment 370511
The Poulet Arms flat conversion has just been approved by Lambeth

The pub situation around myatts fields is dire.

Does anyone think the bear is ever reopening? Had a look in at the work, as the door was open. seems no progress since 2021.

The ever greedy Lexadon are forcing out the wonderful Brixtn Hil Studios with a 156% rent rise

It's an interesting article, but is this a 156% rise year-on-year or is it a new ten year lease with a 156% rise from a previous 10 year lease? Without that context the story is meaningless.

If they had a ten year lease, and are now negotiating a new ten year lease, then that uplift is approximately in line with inflation.

It's an interesting article, but is this a 156% rise year-on-year or is it a new ten year lease with a 156% rise from a previous 10 year lease? Without that context the story is meaningless.

If they had a ten year lease, and are now negotiating a new ten year lease, then that uplift is approximately in line with inflation.
It's a £32k per annum increase.

It's a £32k per annum increase.
But what's the term? Is it fixed for ten years, or will it go up each year?

If they've had no rent rise for the ten years of their lease, then a massive rise is to be expected. If they usually agree an inflationary rise each year, and were expecting the same agian this year, then a 156% rise is shocking.

The way it's reported at the moment, it's hard to know which it is.

Back in the real world I very much doubt musicians can afford the increased costs which will be passed onto them if there is an increase.

The world does not work on basis landlords can expect to put in big increase in rent as though its that simple that these costs can be passed on. How is it big rent increases can be seen as just how the world works and to be expected? And everyone else who is not a landlord has just got to accept that?

Back
Top Bottom