Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Problem with NCP

Bryan McClusky

I drove through a small NCP car park as a short cut as the road outside was temporarily blocked . 20 mins later I did this again . NCP say I parked there for 20 mins. My son is a witness that I didn't but they are using photos 1 and 4 . Any advice ? Edit : my son's an adult .

I drove through a small NCP car park as a short cut as the road outside was temporarily blocked . 20 mins later I did this again . NCP say I parked there for 20 mins. My son is a witness that I didn't but they are using photos 1 and 4 . Any advice ? Edit : my son's an adult .
Retrace your journey and look for CCTV cameras that would prove you went through. Also they really ought to have CCTV showing you leaving as well as entering when you used it as a short cut. Consult a solicitor

Don't worry too much about NCP - The last time they tried court for one of their tickets, they fucked it-up so comprehensively that they got their arses spanked so thoroughly and expensively by the judge hearing the case that it is very unlikely that they will make the same mistake again..! :D

You also make the fundamental mistake of assuming that they might actually give a fuck about what happened - get that idea out of your head RIGHT NOW!

The only thing that matters to NCP is that you broke one or other of their many arbitrary terms and conditions, which gives them the excuse to try and screw a bit of money out of you.

What you need to do now is head over to the Moneysavingexpert Forum and start by having a good careful read of the Newbies Sticky at the top of the Parking Tickets Subforum on their Motoring Board (I think you can read it without signing-up) - This will outline the current situation with private parking and lay-out your options for challenging them successfully.

Pay particular attention to the bits about "Double Dipping" - which is a very common thing and it looks like you have been caught-out. You will find plenty of other people who have been in the same boat.

DO NOT post anything or engage with NCP in any way before reading and understanding how to deal with them!

Last edited:
And if your real name happens to be the same a your username, that's a potentially very big mistake - Like handing them your head on a plate!

Identifying yourself as the driver will reduce your range of options considerably - It is always better to challenge as the vehicle keeper, without identifying the driver - for reasons the thread will explain fully.

Back
Top Bottom