Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Post-Olympics Comedown... :(

As you seem to know it all, and before accusing me of 'talking out of my arse', care to supply a social-econimic breakdown of contestants background? ...Thought not. :D
not social-economic but the Guardian has a list by various categories, including state v private school. Currently about 68% Of the British medallists went to state school.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/datablog/2012/aug/06/team-gb-medal-winners-background#school

Your Moynihan quote was from before the current Olympics success I believe. Whilst the proportion is still high based on numbers who go to private school, the proportion has reduced. And the figures don't back up your claim either.

The closing ceremony was an enormous festering pile of shite, no two ways about it. The first hour was anyway, as I packed up at that point. Oddly, the shitiness of it works to our advantage as it helps us prepare to return to drab rubbish of normal life.

The closing ceremony was an enormous festering pile of shite, no two ways about it. The first hour was anyway, as I packed up at that point. Oddly, the shitiness of it works to our advantage as it helps us prepare to return to drab rubbish of normal life.

Oh come on................. try to look on the bright side.:)

a work mate is due in tomorrow - he's spent the last fortnight as a volunteer in Greenwich - that will be a hell of a come down from all the Olympic excitement he has experienced.

Tell you one thing,London 2012 was damn lucky with the weather considering the shite summer we've endured up to a month ago,the 2 Olympic weeks have been the sunniest all year.

Back
Top Bottom