Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Olympics - Day 1

Holy beshizzle, one of our basketball ladies has the mother of all shiners! :eek:

Meanwhile, Australia are giving the rest of the GB team their own metaphorical shiner :(

The sense of tragedy from the commentators because GB didnt get a medal in the bike race got to be a real drag - anyhow, get in there Kazakhstan!(although Alexander Vinokourov was previously banned in 2007 for failing a doping test which is a bit shit, but presumably not on anything now)

Supposedly the BBC interviewer gave Alexander the usual bullshit interview with all questions about team GB, and nothing about how he just won gold. :facepalm:

Supposedly the BBC interviewer gave Alexander the usual bullshit interview with all questions about team GB, and nothing about how he just won gold. :facepalm:
Yeah, that is bloody frustrating. Pretty sure every country does it, not just a Brit thing (not that that makes it much better).
Women's basketball?? As in netball yeah?
I have no idea :D
No, as in feckin' lasses playing feckin' basketball, with bouncing and moving and everything :mad: :p

Yeah, that is bloody frustrating. Pretty sure every country does it, not just a Brit thing (not that that makes it much better).No, as in feckin' lasses playing feckin' basketball, with bouncing and moving and everything :mad: :p

That's what they do in netball innit?

What's the difference between the two anyway?

Get back to the gymnastics :mad:

In netball you don't bounce the ball, you don't move when you have the ball in your hands, and (I believe) only certain players are allowed to do certain things.

Trust girls to put a load of rules and restraints on things :rolleyes:

Oh, and I've only just got back from my Greenwich volunteering shift, now I'm off to Wembley for the footy. No time for gymnastics for me today :(

There was a girl doing backflippy things at the Woolwich live site this morning though.

That's what they do in netball innit?

What's the difference between the two anyway?

Get back to the gymnastics :mad:

I've not played either for many a long year, but these are the most obvious differences. Unless I've gone senile.

You can't dribble in netball. You can in basketball.
Net is higher in basketball.
Net has no backboard in netball.
The ball can't be hoiked the entire length of the court in netball. It can in basketball.
Only two people on each team are allowed to score in netball. Anyone can score in basketball.
Even if you are one of the designated scorers in netball, you're still only allowed to do it if you are within the scoring zone - that semi circular area market out on the court which encompasses the net. You can score from anywhere on court in basketball.

I've not played either for many a long year, but these are the most obvious differences. Unless I've gone senile.

You can't dribble in netball. You can in basketball.
Net is higher in basketball.
Net has no backboard in netball.
The ball can't be hoiked the entire length of the court in netball. It can in basketball.
Only two people on each team are allowed to score in netball. Anyone can score in basketball.
Even if you are one of the designated scorers in netball, you're still only allowed to do it if you are within the scoring zone - that semi circular area market out on the court which encompasses the net. You can score from anywhere on court in basketball.

I see. Still don't like either :D

Back
Top Bottom