Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

police raid/shut down brixton club.

jæd said:
Why...? Can't you write a reply without swearing...? Personally, if someone can't it really undermines their point...
Like you gave the impression you were taking any notice of the point anyway ... :rolleyes:

detective-boy said:
Not really. As long as they are in regular contact with the police, act on current advice and nothing out of order comes to notice on routine visits or as a result of incidents to which police are called then there is usually no problem.

The idea that you have to confiscate X amount of drugs or it will look suspicious is imaginary.

With all due respect, d-b, I have spoken to some promoters who don't see it as simply as that and are pretty paranoid about it.

jæd said:
Reading more reports on this its interesting that the raid was at 11.25pm on a Saturday night. And there were only 130 people in the club. :rolleyes:

Is there anyone in the Met who goes clubbing...? If there was they might realise no-one turns up to a club night until at least 12am... :rolleyes:
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2-2137925,00.html

Maybe their intelligence was that their 'targets' were already in the club?

And just imagine the potential size of the operation/numbers of officers thought necessary had they gone in later! :eek:

200 filth and they only found 11 people with drugs on them? :D

They'd probably have made as many arrests if they'd raided a fucking bingo hall...

jæd said:
Gay/Police links sre going to be driven bank years. The gay view of police is that they are there to stop you having fun...! Avoid where possible...!

i dont think its a gay thing really do you?

i'm not defending the police here but they did exactly the same thing with Home in Leicester Square (license now revoked for persistent dealing etc) and that wasnt a gay night/venue.

i dont agree with this action one iota for many of the reasons posted - mostly while their harrasing weekend hedonists theres hardcore crack/heroin dealing prolly going on behind the police vans!

detective-boy said:
But it goes back to Sergeants and Inspectors allowing it to happen rather than standing up and being counted - they may be able to sideline / sack one Brian but what can they do if everyone rebels?
From another thread, admitedly, but that was kinda the point I was trying to make earlier in this thread d-b.

:)

Woof

Dan U said:
i dont think its a gay thing really do you?

i'm not defending the police here but they did exactly the same thing with Home in Leicester Square (license now revoked for persistent dealing etc) and that wasnt a gay night/venue.

i dont agree with this action one iota for many of the reasons posted - mostly while their harrasing weekend hedonists theres hardcore crack/heroin dealing prolly going on behind the police vans!

Well... I'd agree that the raid was more to do with the owners being dodgy... But its interesting to note a gay man was attacked over the weekend by four men. If there hadn't been 200 cops at the Fridge would've this attack been preventable...?

jæd said:
Well... I'd agree that the raid was more to do with the owners being dodgy... But its interesting to note a gay man was attacked over the weekend by four men. If there hadn't been 200 cops at the Fridge would've this attack been preventable...?

D-B wrote some extensive stuff earlier in the thread about how resource allocation works. Worth a read. Looked like a fairly objective post to me.

paolo999 said:
D-B wrote some extensive stuff earlier in the thread about how resource allocation works. Worth a read. Looked like a fairly objective post to me.

But all that was about how the police are organised. Sometimes I think his insight into the police is very interesting but in this case I think he's talked as if it's somehow fixed and inevitable. Ultimately the question is how they are deployed, the internal structures used to achieve this are irrelevant to anybody who isn't a police officer.

Monkeygrinder's Organ said:
But all that was about how the police are organised. Sometimes I think his insight into the police is very interesting but in this case I think he's talked as if it's somehow fixed and inevitable. Ultimately the question is how they are deployed, the internal structures used to achieve this are irrelevant to anybody who isn't a police officer.
I'm not saying it is fixed at all (though there are some fixed things about it - like you want enough officers to respond to 999 calls within x minutes 24-hours a day).

I have some MAJOR issues with current deployment - I really cannot see where many of the police officers are, cos they certainly ain't out on the streets in the numbers they were ten or twenty years ago ...

(And no jaed, the fact that 200 officers were engaged on this operation is extremely unlikely to have had any efefct whatsoever on whether or not a particular person was victim of an assault or not.)

Back
Top Bottom