Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Pokemon Go

bi0boy

Power User
This only came out a few days ago I think and is apparently the thing now.

I think it involves running around outdoors with augmented reality on your smartphone.

I remember when people talking on hands-free on the street was really weird and funny. Now we're going to have random people trying to catch virtual pokemon from beside you as you're waiting for the bus or whatever.

My son has started playing this. Today he had to go to the local Mormon church to collect some poka balls or something.

Errr...

It really hacked me off when we went on a dog walk and he spent the whole time staring at his phone because he was playing this thing.

People seem to have gone crazy for this game. It's already more popular than Tindr.

And here's how it's being used by dastardly criminal minds:

kf6xncpukmk6x0h3ybeo.jpg

The new augmented reality game Pokemon Go has gotten people off the couch and into the real world. But police in O’Fallon, Missouri say that four men have used the game to find players at a specific location, and robbed them using a handgun.

About eight or nine people have been robbed by four men over the past couple of days, a spokesperson from the O’Fallon Police Department told Gizmodo over the phone. The latest robbery occurred Sunday morning at around 2am by the men in a black BMW before they were finally apprehended by police.

The suspects used the Pokemon Go game to find their victims by anticipating where people might go through popular PokeStops—virtual sites in the game that can be designated at any real world location, from businesses to parking lots to churches.

The four men who were apprehended all range in age from 16 to 18. Their names and what they stole from their victims have not been released.

http://gizmodo.com/armed-robbers-used-pokemon-go-to-find-9-victims-1783416898

IS it out in the UK yet? Can't find it in play store.

No, it's not. They've paused roll-out while they add server capacity. You can download the apk and side-load it, but there are versions in the wild with malware embedded so you need to be sure the link you use is legitimate.

Back
Top Bottom