Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

PLAY-OFF FINAL: Dulwich Hamlet v Hendon - Monday 7th May 3pm

Really pleased we both did the business last night and we get the chance to meet again.

I think the game should be a cracker with it being more akin to the game at SJP than the nightime robbery at Champion Hill back in September.

Given everything that's happened this season, and given the extremely warm welcome I've always received on my many trips to Dulwich with Blitzwalker and Pete Campbell, if you prove to be the better side on the day then of course I'll be enormously disappointed but equally, if we were to be denied promotion by any side, I'll be able to swallow the pill a little more easily knowing it'll be you going up instead.

See you all Monday afternoon - win or lose I'll be around after the game for a few drinks, I expect.

It's going to be tough, need a much improved performance from last night.
Fingers crossed for third time lucky, come on the Hamlet!

It's going to be tough, need a much improved performance from last night.
Fingers crossed for third time lucky, come on the Hamlet!

3rd...? Count yourself lucky, I think I'm on 6 or 7...

Although we all have some way to go beat our Dulwich/Reading contingent which I believe stands at an impressive 12 play-off losses.

Hopefully Monday ends all our hoodoo's

3rd...? Count yourself lucky, I think I'm on 6 or 7...

Although we all have some way to go beat our Dulwich/Reading contingent which I believe stands at an impressive 12 play-off losses.

Hopefully Monday ends all our hoodoo's
This is our 6th time in the play-offs in 8 seasons.

Really pleased we both did the business last night and we get the chance to meet again.

I think the game should be a cracker with it being more akin to the game at SJP than the nightime robbery at Champion Hill back in September.

Given everything that's happened this season, and given the extremely warm welcome I've always received on my many trips to Dulwich with Blitzwalker and Pete Campbell, if you prove to be the better side on the day then of course I'll be enormously disappointed but equally, if we were to be denied promotion by any side, I'll be able to swallow the pill a little more easily knowing it'll be you going up instead.

See you all Monday afternoon - win or lose I'll be around after the game for a few drinks, I expect.

Cheers John. I know that you and Richard are great friends of the Hamlet and the words you both had with Simon, your chairman, that resulted in the “Bar Initiative” for our game at SJP at the time of our greatest need will never be forgotten. I’m excited for Monday and like you, I will be disappointed if we lose (although not distraught to be fair). If we do have to lose, then I’d sooner it was to a classy outfit like yours, rather than the likes of Billericay.

We do not train to be merciful here. Mercy is for the weak. Here, in the streets, in competition. A man confronts you, he is the enemy. An enemy deserves no mercy.

Mr BIG this is very Tamplin like if you don't mind me saying. What next tattoos?

Last edited:
From the FolkEstone Invicta fans forum. Their analysis of the Hendon semi final.

"The problem last night was that they play with at least three up, sometimes four, so in that situation, you need your back four at least. I still feel though that our preparation for the game, (through no fault of our own,) and the appalling plastic pitch were important factors in such a heavy defeat".

Read more: Hendon vs Invicta playoff semi match updates | Folkestone Invicta Fans' Forum

Loyalties split. As I've previously mentioned here, I used to take my kid to Hendon in the late 1990s (when it got too expensive, I was unemployed, to keep going to Arsenal). Those were the days of Junior Lewis, who ended up, courtesy of Peter Taylor, playing briefly in the Premier League for Leicester. Then I moved to Wales and since coming to Urban have been following this forum and Dulwich Hamlet. I guess whoever wins has some good for me though I would like to see DH overcome their horrendous problems with Meadow and get promotion. Good luck to both but a bit more good luck to the Hamlet.

Should also mention that the pop-up bar will once again be in operation, courtesy of Southey Brewery and thanks to the good people at Tooting & Mitcham. Will be the same format as the last two matches - suggested minimum donation of £2 per pint and all proceeds to the 12th Man. Rumour has it we might have three kegs this time so it may last a bit longer!

Should also mention that the pop-up bar will once again be in operation, courtesy of Southey Brewery and thanks to the good people at Tooting & Mitcham. Will be the same format as the last two matches - suggested minimum donation of £2 per pint and all proceeds to the 12th Man. Rumour has it we might have three kegs this time so it may last a bit longer!
And let's not forget that's a 'suggest MINIMUM donation' of £2...so feel free to pay more, for the "12th Man"! :thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom