Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Phone broke, need to order a new one today, pls help me decide

miss direct

misfungled
Dropped my phone and it's flashing green. The screen was already cracked and it was 18 months old, so probably would have got a new one before too long anyway. I'm about to move to Asia for the next few months and I need to get a new one pronto. I'll order from Amazon because I have to get a covid test before my flight so don't want to go into shops, especially now masks aren't mandatory.

I'm having a look and getting completely bamboozled by all the choice. I want:
  • a good camera (broken phone was a Samsung Galaxy something, cost about £250)
  • decent storage - hate deleting apps and things all the time
  • good battery life

As for price, not sure. Willing to pay perhaps £500 max if it's something that will last. Would prefer to spend less.

That's all. I have had iphones in the past and was happy with them but the price now seems ridiculous. Would really welcome one or two straighforward recommendations so I can just buy one and get on with my day.

Got my son a Xiaomi Note 10 pro. Seems pretty happy with it 200 something quid. Plenty of storage, not sure how good the camera is.

Uh oh… if the subject hadn’t already been resolved I’d be erecting the deckchair right now…
it was a bold, but maybe polarising, choice...and we know the iPhone12mini didn't win the Editor's Choice Award 2021 ;)

What I admire most is the speed of the decision...it seems to have been made in about 3.5 hours...usually we can string indecision out over several weeks here

I’d written this earlier and decided not post as it probably wasn’t very useful but I think you’ve made a good choice and very much respect you for just getting on with it.
Regarding iPhone 11, I find it just a bit too big to fit comfortably in many pockets. I have my daughters old one and battery and camera are great.

Yeah, I have small hands, hopefully the mini will be a good fit for me.
Important question, which colour did you go for? :) Mine's that minty green, 12 mini's the only phone I've had that I really loved, started taking loads more photos too, nice camera.

I want a new phone but don't need one as my old Samsung works ok but can't do selfies on it as some Lidl stuffed vine leaves spilt in my bag and fucked up the other camera. The rest works fine but not happy with front facing camera anyway. Any ideas for a phone that has a great camera but under three hundred quid?

Back
Top Bottom