Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Phil Collins - Time for re-evaluation?

Got Groovy Kind Of Love as earworm
possibly the most simplistic song ever written <quite amazingly brazen on that front - verging on genius

Got Groovy Kind Of Love as earworm
possibly the most simplistic song ever written <quite amazingly brazen on that front - verging on genius
Even more brazen is the fact that tune is a fairly obvious rip off of this...

(Should begin at the right time, otherwise skip forward till 6'57")

Last edited:
Man's a covers machine, I guess he err has to be :hmm:
this lists 63 Phil Collins (related) covers!!!

its a painful list to imagine him having a stab at all those RnB greats

who knew this is a thing
(i havent read the thread tbh, may have been mentioned)

I love a big band horn section

Last edited:
I don't particularly like this song but there's something about the sentiment that gets me.
I dunno why!

t
this lists 63 Phil Collins (related) covers!!!

its a painful list to imagine him having a stab at all those RnB greats
He did an album of motown covers a decade or so ago that a former colleague was very keen I listen to. I didn't, but I'm going to check out '(your love is like a) heatwave' right now

The man looks very frail these days. I was quite shocked to see how old and how much he has physically and mentally deteriorated.

I have never understood the appeal of Phil Collins; there are any number of artists I don't appreciate, but usually I have some idea of why others do. Collins has always baffled me. I suppose I re-evaluate him every time I hear something he's done, but I still don't get it.

I'm sure I saw a video once of Phil Collins and co trying to figure out what made Prince songs so good. They had a stab at copying Prince production/writing which produced Susudio . . .

The combination of the accuracy of his singing and the qualities of his voice makes me think he sounds auto-tuned before auto-tune was a thing. Sort of ahead of his time, I think.

Back
Top Bottom