Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Paddling Pools and Splash Parks trails in London

toblerone3

Grrrrr
I am feeling hot and want to take my 5 year old to a Splash Park or paddling pool this weekend in London. I noticed that there hasn't been a good paddling pool thread on the boards for some time. So looking for recommendations.

One idea would be to combine paddling and walking. A couple of years ago, for instance walked from the paddling pool in Ruskin Park to the Splash Park in Brockwell Park. Could I devise a triple or quadruple paddling pool Splashpark trail in London. Any ideas.

Have found this website but the recommendations of people here would be great.

Don't have a lot of advice, it feels like there's not enough of this sort of thing in East London.

Tumbling Bay at the Olympic park is fun and has lots of water though no paddling. They have fountains to cool off in too.

We keep saying we'll go to Leyton Leisure Lagoon but we haven't yet. Would be interested in reports.

So far we've been stuck in the back garden:

IMG-20220711-WA0002.jpg

i went to Gillingham lido (aka The Strand Pool) on Monday (Gillingham is outside of London btw) - £6 for 3 hours
i was hoping there would no kids as they were meant to be at school - seems like parents' sending kids to school on a monday is out of fashion

its great for all ages

strand-pool.jpg

Maomao, I have the exact same paddling pool just for meeeee!

In my ends, Vicky Park has a decent, large splash pool area (though you'd need to double-check it's open, because it was closed for repairs before), and London Fields has one right next to the lido. There's also one at Clissold Park, but they're redoing it and it doesn't seem to have reopened yet.

Victoria Park splash park has been under repairs for such a long time. I went past the London Fields one the other day but it was empty so I'm not sure if its working either. Boo to everlasting paddling pool repair jobs :(

Victoria Park splash park has been under repairs for such a long time. I went past the London Fields one the other day but it was empty so I'm not sure if its working either. Boo to everlasting paddling pool repair jobs :(

They've really chosen the wrong time let those repairs drag on and on. :(

Pretty sure that's a fountain where paddling would be frowned on. I walked past it today and there weren't even any benches near it. Would be a good loitering spot in the heat :(

Back
Top Bottom