Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Paddington Two now worlds best film : Official

A380

How do I change this 'custom title' thing then?
So someone found a negative review of Citizen Kane from 1941 so it no longer has a perfect score on Rotten Tomatoes. Paddington Two has only positive reviews so now scores more highly.

And, do you know what? I’d rather watch Paddington Two then Citizen Kane any day. (ETA which I think is so dull I misspelled it...)

Last edited:
Citizen Kane is dull as fuck.

Who listens to critics anyway? Citizen Kane fans will be pleased that it makes #96 in the IMDB Top 250 and that Paddington doesn't make an appearance.

Last edited:
Paddington was shite, so no interest in seeing the sequel. Absolutely loved the books, though.

Citizen Kane is a technical and artistic marvel, and could watch it again, easily but it's kind of cold, at the same time. Prefer Welles in The Third Man or The Stranger. Even his cod-Irish accent in The Lady from Shanghai - can just about forgive ;)

I regard Citizen Kane as a legitimate masterpiece, as it drastically altered the face of cinema almost overnight, both in its narrative and cinematographic structures. As Welles himself put it, "I started out at the top and worked my way down". I'm biased; Welles is one of my minor personal heroes.

Paddington 2 is also a legitimate masterpiece, partly because of it's effortless charm, but mostly for me because it's was hilariously easy for my racist relatives to watch it and say it upholds the "quintessential British values" and swiftly paint themselves in to a corner about how that somehow definitely wasn't about those horrible little brown people... bears of the sort that Notting Hill was accommodating at the time the stories were written, but more about the very definitely true problem of how to integrate south american bears in to anglophile society. Notting Hill Carnival all being about celebrating british ursine culture an' all.

I regard Citizen Kane as a legitimate masterpiece, as it drastically altered the face of cinema almost overnight, both in its narrative and cinematographic structures. As Welles himself put it, "I started out at the top and worked my way down". I'm biased; Welles is one of my minor personal heroes.

Paddington 2 is also a legitimate masterpiece, partly because of it's effortless charm, but mostly for me because it's was hilariously easy for my racist relatives to watch it and say it upholds the "quintessential British values" and swiftly paint themselves in to a corner about how that somehow definitely wasn't about those horrible little brown people... bears of the sort that Notting Hill was accommodating at the time the stories were written, but more about the very definitely true problem of how to integrate south american bears in to anglophile society. Notting Hill Carnival all being about celebrating british ursine culture an' all.

in itself a minor writing masterpiece. Ta very much xx

I bet your family gatherings are a right hoot :D

Back
Top Bottom