Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

# On The CD Player Today (take 6)

Massive Attack vs Mad Professor - No Protection
Stars of the Lid - and their Refinement of the Decline
Cabaret Voltaire - The Original Sound of Sheffield '78/'82

RolandCasper.jpg

Loads of blues this morning, most of which stemmed from the great recommendations on this thread. Then had everything tagged 'Dub' on shuffle this afternoon which threw up a few gems I'd forgotten about ('A Dub Experience' by Sly And Robbie for one). Now on a bit of a Stones binge. Got 'Sticky Fingers' on just now and that usually means that 'Exile On Main Street' will be on in a minute.

Super Furry Animals - Ice Hockey Hair EP
Murcof - Martes
Carter USM - Straw Donkey... the singles (this must be up there for my most played album ever)

Gold Panda...Companion
Warpaint..The Fool
Warpaint...Exquisite Corpse
Caitlin Rose...Own Side Now
Adem...Homesongs
Adrian Sherwood...Becoming a Cliche
PJ Harvey...Let England Shake
The Horrors...Skying

All of the Bob Dylan studio albums from The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan to Nashville Skyline.

You got a favourite?

Johnny Greenwood - There Will Be Blood
Ol' Dirty Bastard - N***a Please

Radiohead guitarist does classical and late Wu legend spouts offensive half-sung raps - variety is the spice of life. :cool:

stavros said:
You got a favourite?
Love them all, which one I prefer will depend on how I'm feeling, at the moment I'm very into Blonde on Blonde, which I used to find a little overrated.

That said if I had to pick it'd be a toss up between Bringing It All Back Home and John Wesley Harding.

Handsome Furs - Sound Kapital, decent enough but I can't quite see why it got the amazing review I saw.
Slim Cessna's Auto Club - American Country Music Changed Her Life, not their best but still pretty good.

Anyone got any other "Denver Sound" recommendations? I've got all the Auto Club albums, some of Jay Munly's stuff (Jimmy Carter Syndrome, ... and the Lee Lewis Harlots and Petr and the Wulf) and most of the 16 Horsepower albums. What else is worth trying to get?

Back
Top Bottom