Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

# On The CD Player Today (take 6)

yesterday - most of a Dylan greatest hits comp playing in Martian Records (Exeter)
: got attacked by the curse of Dylan - The Times They Are A Changing came on just after I entered and I was stuck there (having to look at everything as a cover) until Rainyday Woman Parts whatever the fuck they are came on and I could escape.
Positively Fourth Street had me thinking about Phil Ochs and 'Dylan you realy are a fucking cunt:mad:', Just Like A Woman following that had me reinterpretating the lyrics as him having forced himself on another man's woman (right up the point where it flips and he reveals that the reasons he's now being a misogynistic cunt is because back when he was a nobody, she was the one on top).

most of David Gray - Foundling (in hmv), sounded good and raw.

Creedence Clearwater Revival - transmissions : London, Royal Albert Hall live '70. (raided a poundshop for there 'not a bootleg look, I've got clauses from the copyright law of '88 to prove it' live cds)

Pet Shop Boys - Behaviour.
Uncut - Thunder Road tracks inspired by The Boss.

today:
Uncut - "Rip This Joint" 16 brilliant tracks in the spirit of The Rolling Stones.

36chambers.jpg

Mighty Clouds Of Joy - Amazing Grace : surprizingly amazing heavy gospel(/funk?). Several tracks have identical chaotic loops of female backing singers & whooping and hollering, makes it sound even wilder.

how bizarre. i was just listening to mighty clouds of joy.

they are good.
^ yeah they are.

mum passed me another bag of cds to dispose of - mostly bargin bin stuff & newspaper freebies so wasn't expecting much.
Think I'm keeping that one. :cool:

Herman's Hermits - the best of (Musicbank/Charly)
^ some tracks are either the originals or pretty close versions, others (including No Milk Today which I wanted to hear again:mad:) are obvious rerecordings.

v/a - Rock 'N'Roll Legends (live/re-recordings but still some good stuff)
Gene Vincent's Story Of The Rockers is fun.
ooh - Bobby Darin's Plain Jane has a very similar chorus to Buffalo Gals.:cool:

Back
Top Bottom