Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

On The CD Player Today (take 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tales from The Australian Underground singles 1976-1982

This is fucking ACE!

(and yes, I AM having a musical multiple personality day)

"sun records - the early years" 3 CD set.

ordered it from amazon on saturday afternoon, and it got delivered today :confused: :hmm: (not complaining, mind, just find it very odd!)

I'm still listening to Neil Young's 'chrome dreams II' at least twice a day. It's fucking brilliant, and it's his 30th album fer crying out loud :eek: Pretty impressive when the vast majority of bright young things these days squeeze out two decent records at most before crawling away to ferment quietly atop the landfill of obscurity.

Is that the album where the bloke wrestles the mic off the divine Rachel Nagy and sings horrible male tones all over the shop?
Not sure. I'm only half way through it and haven't heard a bloke singing so far. Only downloaded it late last night, not that impressed.

sojourner said:
horrible male tones
define that? :confused: :D
i mostly prefer male voices/vocalists, tbh... no idea why.

(never liked high-pitched sounds as much, singers like that ends up annoying the ear- screechy, cat wailing stuff... same problem with violins when they play the high notes... urgh)

< / derail >

Today I'm listening to:

Elvis Costello- This Year's Model

define that? :confused: :D

Anyone who doesn't sound like Rachel Nagy :D

No, someone I know mentioned that one of their albums had a blerk singing all over it, and I am quite quite obsessed with Ms Nagy so thought this sounded veh offensive

I love male singers - as anyone would be able to tell from my posts in here :D

sojourner said:
I love male singers - as anyone would be able to tell from my posts in here :D
yeah, yeah... i know, i know - was just being curious :D :p

BTW just changed cd's- now listening to:
Stereolab- Emperor Tomato Ketchup

... but possibly more Costello later.

yeah, yeah... i know, i know - was just being curious :D :p

BTW just changed cd's- now listening to:
Stereolab- Emperor Tomato Ketchup

... but possibly more Costello later.
You've made me want to listen to Costello now.
Elvis Costello - Imperial bedroom :cool:

Annierak said:
You've made me want to listen to Costello now.
- great! me too, i'm switching back to him now...

'there's no actiooooooooooooon...' dun dun dundun :D :cool:

Have you got his 'Blood and chocolate' album?
no. :(

we had them all on vinyl, but when dad sold his wall of LP's in '86 to buy four cd's........i had to wait until i moved out and got jobs to search out cd's of the stuff he had... :mad:
still lack a lot, as i was too young to remember the bands and just have all these albums in my head that i don't know the names to... :(

so far with costello i've only got 'This Year's Model' and the one with elephants on the cover... had a Bacharach collaboration too, but mysteriously gave that away to an ex as i didn't like it at the time, regret that a bit now though...

so... you recommend B&S, then? :)
< takes notes >
< makes shopping list >
< checks wallet > :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom