Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

On The CD Player Today (take 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
the guitar and bull-fiddle of the bonneville barons.

i *heart* this album very much.

i think every home should have a copy.

bonnevillebaronCD.jpg

the Fuck Buttons on myspace because of the thread
Blue Pearl - Naked
Elvis Costello - Punch The Clock
Debut - va comps from a 1980s LP sized magazine with a record
great description here http://www.discogs.com/release/917525
Discogs said:
These Debut Magazine/Records are fantastic. They had a fairly short run most likely because of the expense of creating and distributing a magazine and an album packaged together in a gate-fold sleeve (magazine stapled inside the fold). Licensing the tracks must have been fairly costly and with NME/Melody Maker as competition - well, it's easy to see why Debut Magazine didn't last.
wasn't that issue but similar - was expecting it to be a load of 80s tosh but was actually pretty good - great songs from The Church & Fiction Factory. Only bought it because of the concept & obscurity.

Scott Walker - Scott
is there a stock style of singing Brel or something? Scott Walker's version of My Death isn't sounding that different from Marc Almond's recording of Jackie.

John Peel - "FabricLive.7"
Milanese - "Adapt"
Weezer - "Make Believe"
Emma Pollock - "Watch The Fireworks"
Eddie Cochran - "The Best Of"

Lots of Eddie C love going round U75 today. :)

I've been listening to a collection of Peel's Festive Fifties - I've downloaded all of them between 1976-1991 and I'm currently on 1981 :)

They're great to listen to but there's so much repetition of tracks between the years! Those between 1978 and 1981 are practically the same, just in a different running order :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom