Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

On The CD Player Today (take 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i don't think i like them, but i've not really heard enough to be sure.

although from what i have heard i'm not in any rush to hear any more.

Ike & Tina Turner ~ You Got What You Wanted (Now You Don't Want What You Got)

Shit And Shine ~ Practicing To Be A Doctor

The Mekons ~ Ghosts Of American Astronauts

:)

Dexys- searching for the young soul rebels

I've been trying to listen to this record so much that I get bored of it, but I'm becoming increasingly convinced that it can't be done :(

red astaire : nuggets for the needy

such ditties as....

cop that red
love to angie
rollin stone

and the big

follow me

:cool:

Judee Sill - s/t

fuck Jesus Was A Crossmaker is as deverstating (a good sort of devestating) as people said

now Decca va - A Whiter Shade
"the world of hits - enter a world of capitivating music in this exciting series (including glorious 'reprocessed stereo' and a vaguely psychedelic cobver hand drawn in wax crayon or chalk"

not a bad mix LP- Whiter Shade Of Pale, Go Now, Gloria, The Zombies, Small Faces, Simon Smith and his amazing dancing bear... (eta: just realised I've never heard this song before, and it's making me think a) why was somebody wondering out loud - well in print - in their collum in Doctor Who Magazine whether this was a euthanism for something, why I remember that and not who it it was, is it an euthanism? if so what the heck for, if not why the fuck did somebody want to write a song about a dancing bear??? oh and did the opening line influance Morrisessy?

eta2 Patti Smith's Gloria is better than Them's)

right Unit 4+2 are being the inspiration for the Chuckle Brothers "You to me...You to me"

John Lennon - Shaved Fish (bought for 50p off a car boot sale 11 years ago- for the cover art )

Cold Turkey, Instant Karma & Power To The People sound even more amazing with added crackles

The Ruts - Peel Sessions - fuck this is great / fucking fantastic (probably a mistake listenng this late /early)
thanks again to the urbanite I got it from:cool::)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom