Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

On The CD Player Today (take 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
May Kasahara said:
Isn't it? Just found the CD again after it disappeared for a couple of years (was in the wrong box), it's so great to hear it again. They are also brilliant live.

Won't get no disagreement here :) Like the way they play off the beaten track venues - have seen them at a church and an army and navy hall!

Meant to also say :cool: to your mentioning of 'white chalk' - one of my albums of the year without a doubt.

The_Reverend_M said:
Won't get no disagreement here :) Like the way they play off the beaten track venues - have seen them at a church and an army and navy hall!

We saw them in a community centre in Nottingham. Their kit was set up next to an armchair and a standard lamp with one of those big hat-like tasselled shades :D

The_Reverend_M said:
Meant to also say :cool: to your mentioning of 'white chalk' - one of my albums of the year without a doubt.

Hell yes...something tells me it's going to figure prominently in bluey's 'albums of the year' round-up. So at least one of my choices will turn up!

Road of the Gypsies - Loyko (Russian gypsy stuff - violins and much 'hoy!'-ing)

Live at Queen's Hall - Terrafolk (Slovenian violin/accordian folk/pop/comedy)

Gili Garabdi - Fanfare Ciocarlia (Roma brass)

yesterday: 100% Dance massive club hits (1993 South African compilation of remixes that doesn't credit any of the artists - has dance/techno mixes of stuff like Ace Of Bass, 2unlimited, Shaggy & Snow on it.)

Formula 1 Vol 2 - "the fastest moving dance album on the planet" 96 va comp
(I'd managed to forget the existance of 'the naughty north and the sexy south':mad: )

today: Erasure - "Erasure"

Tonight ...

back-2-back botchit mixed by backdraft
jacob's mouse - I'm scared
public enemy - fear of a black planet

np:
deerhunter - cryptograms (one for my top 20 me thinks :cool:)

Blaggers I.T.A - It's Up To You + the songs on http://www.myspace.com/blaggersita
:cool: :cool:
Why the fuck haven't I heard them before?

House Of The Fascist Scum=genius reworking

eta: does anyone know the lyrics (can't find them online) for It's Up To You - or at least the sampled quote about the need for working clas unity that ends "remember facism doesn't start with concentration camps that's where it ends"

Yo La Tengo - "And Then Nothing Turned Itself Inside-Out"
Diplo - Breezeblock mix
Wu-Tang Clan - "Enter The Wu-Tang (36 Chambers)"
Redman - "Muddy Waters"
Massive Attack - "100th Window"
Venetian Snares - "Hospitality"
Basement Jaxx - "Crazy Itch Radio"

I hate to admit it, but ... Dire Straits. And I'm rather enjoying it too. :oops:

Oh, and a bit of Creedence Clearwater Revival, Bob Dylan, Morrissey etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom