Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

On The CD Player Today (take 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i guess it's just that records like that almost get taken for granted, through familiarity or whatever. And every now and then I stick it on and i get blown away all over again.

It's such an ODD record - the production, the weird stereo field and stuff - all very disorientating

True true, I imagine having been there when it was released helps you to appreciate these qualities even more.

np:
David Bowie - Hunky Dory

'Yamanote Sundown' Vector Lovers
'The Way You Love Me' Ron Hall & The Muthafunkaz
'I Feel Love' Leo Mendez Group
'Come With Me' Rasmus Faber Feat Melo
'Dazz' Brick
'Funny Girl' James Mason

BB:)

Dubversion said:
you'll like the new one then. Totally unserious :)

Sweeeeeeeet. It's not as serious as I first thought but certainly not as spacky as past efforts.

i'm quite pissed off I didn't go to that three hour gig they did at The Forum a few years ago. Still, there's always ATP ... :D

David Gilmour - On an Island
followed by Joy Division - Atmosphere, Gang Of Four - Damaged goods, Red Guitars - good Technology, off John Peel -Right Time Wrong Speed

Sex Pistols - God Save The Queen

UNKLE- War Stories.
In fairness its simetimes llike being in a Top Gear feature, but other than that its not bad.

Neutral milk hotel- in the aeroplane over the sea

I'm not quite sure how I've made it so far through my life without this record :confused:

Radiohead - "Kid A"
Diplo - "FabricLive 24"
Kelis - "Kelis Was Here"
Venetian Snares - Breezeblock mix
Daft Punk - "Discovery"
Harold Budd/Brian Eno - "Ambient 2 The Plateaux Of Mirror"

Southside Johnny & the Astbury Dukes - Rene (live) on repeat :cool:

Judas Priest - Defenders of the Faith

Judas Priest - Sin After Sin esp Sinner and Starbreaker

**devil fingers**

the fiery furnaces - gallowsbird's bark ... the more I listen to this lot the more I like. this album has been a real grower for me :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom