Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Olympics closing ceremony on TV now.

Oh god save the queen - she must be about ready to quit, rather than face this humiliation. Come to London. It has rain, buses, people being run over on tiny bikes, and weird dancers - oh, and we just wanna give you a whole lotta love! FFS.

seriously, practically all of them are like this, I don't feel humiliated at all

ah get over it.

that was funny as hell.
Sitting in your house with nowt but a pencil and scrap of paper you could have designed 8 minutes of entertainment to represent London, better than that shaming shambles.

Some Aphex Twn or DnB, 200 dancers and a 100 ft fibre glass bus.

Our austerity Games have started :(

ah get over it.

that was funny as hell.
Sitting in your house with nowt but a pencil and scrap of paper you could have designed 8 minutes of entertainment to represent London, better than that shaming shambles.

Our austerity Games have started :(

seriously, practically all of them are like this, I don't feel humiliated at all
Only cos Boris didnt get to speak! How come he didnt btw?

Actually remember how shit the Greek showcase was at Sydney?! :D

But the Sydney showcase at atlanta was decent.

That was fucking dreadful.

It would have been better if a battered old Routemaster had drawn up and Cliff Richard jump off :D

Is rain, buses, topiary & crap slebs really all we have to offer the world?

is monkey, scrolls, and substituting pretty kids for ugly kids all the chinese have to offer? it was 8 mins for the olympic closing ceremony, it's not going to be cutting edge and cool, is it?

this memory tower thing is good.

Some Aphex Twn, banging DnB, 200 dancers and a 100 ft fibre glass bus.

well that may represent your idea of London (or Cornwall if we're talking Aphex Twin :D ), mine too, but not most people's.

Sadly, when we end up doing things like this, seemingly the safest option is to retreat into cliches.

is monkey, scrolls, and substituting pretty kids for ugly kids all the chinese have to offer? it was 8 mins for the olympic closing ceremony, it's not going to be cutting edge and cool, is it?

precisely

I was going to start a thread about this yesterday.

a "quintessentially British moment" was what they were trying to achieve. Since when has utter naffness been quintessentially British? :rolleyes:

Mind you I haven't actually seen it

Back
Top Bottom