Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Olympic Park passes (strictly no venue admittance) released - £5 (£1 for kids)

Minnie_the_Minx

someinenhhanding menbag and me ah bollox
Well these kind of tickets are I think what people originally thought Day Passes were for, but they weren't. However, if you've not managed to get even a Day Pass, you can now get an Olympic Park pass

The London Organising Committee of the Olympic Games and Paralympic Games (LOCOG) has announced that 100,000 non-event tickets for the Olympic Park have gone on sale for the Paralympic Games, with tickets starting at £1.

Although the tickets will not allow access to the sporting venues within the Park, ticket holders will be able to watch the events on the big screen and “experience the atmosphere of the Park.”

The tickets going on sale are for various days throughout the Paralympic Games and will cost £5 for adults and £1 for young people under the age of 16 and those over the age of 60.

Tickets can only be bought through the London 2012 website and wheelchair users can purchase tickets by calling 0844 847 2012.

Seb Coe, Chair of the London 2012 Organising Committee said: ‘I’m thrilled that we can give even more people the opportunity to experience the Olympic Park, soak up the atmosphere and perhaps catch some Paralympic action on the big screen.

“We wanted to give as many people as possible the opportunity to visit the Olympic Park and releasing more tickets is part of this commitment.’

LOCOG has encouraged all customers who are purchasing tickets to select the ‘print at home’ option, to enable them to avoid potentially long queues at ticket box offices.
In recognition of Visa's longstanding support of the Olympic Games and Paralympic Games, only Visa (debit, credit and prepaid) can be used to purchase tickets.

Approximately 2.3m tickets have now been sold for the Paralympic Games, which is more than any previous Paralympic Games.

Can you get them on the website at all? All I can find is day passes, none of which are available.

What were the day pass tickets for then?

Well a lot of people (myself included) assumed that's what Day Passes were, when in fact Day Passes gave you admittance to venues such as basketball, volleyball etc. (ie, everything but athletics, swimming and cycling) on a first come, first served, subject to availability basis

TY Minnie. Bloody thing let me get as far as 'request tickets' and then said none were available. :(

TY Minnie. Bloody thing let me get as far as 'request tickets' and then said none were available. :(

Site has seized up now. I tried to log in but won't let me. Was working fine 1/2 hour ago :(

You did go for Olympic Park and not Olympic Park Day Pass didn't you? (Probably irrelevant now as site busy)

Well I've just clicked on a date and have got two tickets and proceed to payment

4th September - 4.00pm to 9.00pm

Thanks Minnie - I figured it out in the end :mad:

Christ it is the crappiest fucking site ever

Anyway, we have day tickets and my parents have evening tickets so we're all v happy - at last!

Site has seized up now. I tried to log in but won't let me. Was working fine 1/2 hour ago :(

You did go for Olympic Park and not Olympic Park Day Pass didn't you? (Probably irrelevant now as site busy)

Yeah, I used your link. All the day passes are unavailable, but the park pass says it's available until you actually request the tickets. (I wanted a specific day).

Thanks Minnie - I figured it out in the end :mad:

Christ it is the crappiest fucking site ever

Anyway, we have day tickets and my parents have evening tickets so we're all v happy - at last!

Very pleased for you. These are the tickets I originally wanted but ended up buying tickets to venues, but I'm not worried.

Yeah, I used your link. All the day passes are unavailable, but the park pass says it's available until you actually request the tickets. (I wanted a specific day).

What day? and morning or afternoon session? Do you want me to try?

IGNORE - ONLY ONE SESSION AT WEEKENDS ANYWAY

What day? and morning or afternoon session? Do you want me to try?

Any session, a pass or an actual event, but as long as it's at the Olympic Park - it's the venue that we want to see more than the sport. Yes please, have a look - maybe you will have better luck than me. :)

Any session, a pass or an actual event, but as long as it's at the Olympic Park - it's the venue that we want to see more than the sport. Yes please, have a look - maybe you will have better luck than me. :)

I think I can get the 4th. Do you want that?

Shit, you didn't say how many you wanted. I'm not sure I'm going to get them now if I go back

Just two, but only for the 1st! She works weekdays, see. I expect I can find tickets for another day to take my daughter, if I can persuade her to go. And thanks for trying, Minnie.

Sorry, couldn't get any for the 1st. I got the following message

Sorry, we haven’t been able to complete your request.
  • The total number of tickets you have requested for this session has exceeded the ticket limit. Please note, where applicable wheelchair companion and Group Organiser tickets are included in the ticket limit total. Please reduce the number of tickets and try again.

I did get two for the 4th (4.00pm-9.00pm) though. Can't g/f leave work early?

Sorry, couldn't get any for the 1st. I got the following message

I did get two for the 4th (4.00pm-9.00pm) though. Can't g/f leave work early?

Fraid not - it's her busiest time of year. And I'm taking her on a date on the 1st but the thing I'd planned has fallen through so I'm trying to think of something good. :(

OK, I've now booked some tickets for the fourth to take my daughter and her friends, and have decided to try for the 2nd to take my GF either by changing the day of our date or just taking her anyway. It took three goes for the payment for the 4th to go through, and it refused to let me add tickets for other days because it said Ihad too many, even though I had only 4 and the ticket limit was supposed to be 6? Now, for the 2nd, it's saying:

Tickets to this session are currently unavailable for one of the following reasons:
  • Tickets to this event are not currently available for sale.
  • This event has already taken place.
  • We are currently completing our nightly maintenance.
:confused:

OK, I've now booked some tickets for the fourth to take my daughter and her friends, and have decided to try for the 2nd to take my GF either by changing the day of our date or just taking her anyway. It took three goes for the payment for the 4th to go through, and it refused to let me add tickets for other days because it said Ihad too many, even though I had only 4 and the ticket limit was supposed to be 6? Now, for the 2nd, it's saying:

Tickets to this session are currently unavailable for one of the following reasons:
  • Tickets to this event are not currently available for sale.
  • This event has already taken place.
  • We are currently completing our nightly maintenance.
:confused:

Yeah, I think maximum tickets are 6, and as I'd already bought 2 for the 4th, 2 for the 7th, and then another 2 for the 4th, wouldn't let me go for the 1st.

Don't understand why it's not letting you have any more. Glad you managed to get some though

I'd give it a go later on when it's not so busy.

Are you also sure you haven't already got some in your basket that you've reserved but not deleted?

(I can't get into my account at the moment so you might not be able to either)

I'd give it a go later on when it's not so busy.

Are you also sure you haven't already got some in your basket that you've reserved but not deleted?

(I can't get into my account at the moment so you might not be able to either)

No, I had two but definitely deleted them. I've just bought an extra adult ticket for the fourth now, so my GF can come along if she wants. Not exactly a date though with three teenagers in tow. :D

Back
Top Bottom