Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Old matches available in full

That's the Semi-Final... Toon got hammered 3-0 by Arsenal in the final IIRC

SuperMac :thumbs:

Reminds me how old I am that I remember when Burnley was in 1st Division (proper First Division with Jimmy Adamson type players not this pretend superior premier/championship division marketing bollocks) :p

One would have hoped that Sky would have opened up their sports channels to all, they are only showing repeats.

According to my TV guide it looks like the Beeb are showing the 1990 semi again this weekend, on both Saturday and Sunday. Do they think if they show it enough that Waddle won't sky it?

England-Colombia from the 2018 WC is on the red button this Saturday, although they've only given two hours for it, so presumably they think we don't want to bother with extra time and penalties. England always lose them after all...

England-Colombia from the 2018 WC is on the red button this Saturday, although they've only given two hours for it, so presumably they think we don't want to bother with extra time and penalties. England always lose them after all...

OK, most of the Colombians acted like twats in the first half, but it was a very good game.

France vs Brazil, World Cup 2006.

This is often hailed as the greatest performance by Zidane. I reckon a lot of England fans didn't watch it - it was on after England were beaten on pens by Portugal after Rooney got sent off. I was myself unconscious, having drunk 7 cans of Grolsch during the England match, culminating in a spectacular fall down the stairs which caused an even more spectacular bruise on my arm. To this day I'm upset I missed Zidane's greatest game. He's my favourite footballer - not the player I consider the GOAT, but my favourite to watch. This match has all the reasons why.

I tried doing a search on the England-Netherlands game from 1996 on Pirate Bay, but found nothing. I'm sure clubs and the FA cash in on DVDs of this, so someone must've stuck them on P2P somewhere.

wasn’t a vintage game, 4 shots 4 goals, they were a much better side

Brazil Holland, World Cup quarter final, 1994. 0-0 half-time, ended up 3-2. Video starts during half time, just before goal of the tournament. Both this competition and second half notable for astonishing goals from Romario.

better than ‘Dona’s cocaine laced volley? Or Dian Ross’ penalty?

would love the old capital gold commentaries, esp us vs Villa on mar 17th 2002. Robert Pires lopping goals were a joy to hear through the AM radio at the time. Never cared for tv commentaries, always so dry.

Next week they're showing England-Argentina 1986 again.

"And you have to say that's magnificent."

What I said was bollocks. Instead they showed England-Argentina from 2002, which was a really good performance. Ferdinand, Butt and a young Ashley Cole were excellent, and it was a good reminder of what a player Michael Owen was at his peak. He tormented Mauricio Pochettino all afternoon, having embarrassed him in St Etienne four years earlier.

What I said was bollocks. Instead they showed England-Argentina from 2002, which was a really good performance. Ferdinand, Butt and a young Ashley Cole were excellent, and it was a good reminder of what a player Michael Owen was at his peak. He tormented Mauricio Pochettino all afternoon, having embarrassed him in St Etienne four years earlier.
Is that the match where towards the end England did about 30 passed which ended with Sheringham hitting the bar with a volley?

I know I was pissed up by dinnertime and the centre of Lancaster was full of gurning loons and beeping cars.

Is that the match where towards the end England did about 30 passed which ended with Sheringham hitting the bar with a volley?

That's it, although the shot was on target and saved. He'd come on for Owen fairly late.

I think they have the Cameroon game from 1990 on next Sunday, which I've never seen.

And next Monday ITV are starting with showing the whole of Euro'96 again. Below is my reaction to hearing about it:

iu

England were shite today, against Cameroon, and were very lucky to scrape through. Gascoigne, Platt and Lineker were the only real bright spots.

Paul Parker playing centre half whilst Wright got bandaged up seemed weird, given Parker is only 170cm.

England-Argentina 1998 next Sunday. I wonder whether Hoddle will risk that kid from Liverpool, as he might be a bit out of his depth.

We might wanna consider NOT thrashing him into the ground at such a young age, young body is still growing and we wouldn’t want to bring about a career wrecked by injury.

It was noticeable that the Cameroon goalie blatantly brought down Platt in the area, but was excused by ref and commentators because "he made a genuine attempt for the ball". How things change in thirty years.

That was some game. I'm not sure we'll see Beckham in an England shirt again after that display of petulance.

Adams and Campbell were excellent. It's a shame, being on either side of the North London divide, we'll never see them together at club level.

it was a good reminder of what a player Michael Owen was at his peak. He tormented Mauricio Pochettino all afternoon, having embarrassed him in St Etienne four years earlier.

I'm not sure why I had the idea that Poch played in 1998. He didn't make his international debut until a year later.

Back
Top Bottom