Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Official Dorset Thread

DT, 6 more than yours.In the north.
I had lovely fish and chips in Weymouth last week from Bennett's.
Have you found the pie shop yet ?can recommend
It's called the lunch box,on westam road
No, but I shall look it up :)

I'm still a bit spun out about having finally got here tbf but so far so good #DorsetLyfe4Eva :thumbs:

I have a mate in Weymouth , plays in a band , they were sort of goth prog rock :hmm: he often plays at a place on the Esplanade :hmm:

I think I may be settling in.

Bournemouth Air Show is on and I have gone from being really excited about the Red Arrows to being slightly annoyed about the noise they make.
I bloody hate everything about the Air Festival or the Air Bastards weekend as it's known in our house. [emoji35]

Apart from the noise and not being able to bloody get anywhere, it's just a big military wankfest. Plus all the bloody recruitment for the forces. If they insist on having it, move it back to the bloody airport which is surrounded by farm land.
God, I could rant about it all day. [emoji6]

Man dies in rough seas off Sandbanks.

Always thought it was pretty calm around there.

Man dies in rough seas at Sandbanks - BBC News
There's quite a strong current there and he was apparently outside the safe swim zone. It's been bloody windy so I expect it was really rough. [emoji20]

My dad always used to take me in the sea when the red flag was up, we liked the stronger waves especially when I had my dinghy. So stupid!

I think I may be settling in.

Bournemouth Air Show is on and I have gone from being really excited about the Red Arrows to being slightly annoyed about the noise they make.
We had the Red Arrows the day before you did :) They were brilliant. There was loads of boats anchored off the beach for the best, closest view - definitely going to do that next year!

The carnival was great :thumbs:

I bloody hate everything about the Air Festival or the Air Bastards weekend as it's known in our house. [emoji35]

We had the Red Arrows the day before you did :) They were brilliant. There was loads of boats anchored off the beach for the best, closest view - definitely going to do that next year!

The carnival was great :thumbs:

I watched & enjoyed the Red Arrows on Friday, but I live close to the sea, so had to listen to them twice more. I suspect I might feel as Looby does a few years down the line.

The Typhoon was really cool though...

There's quite a strong current there and he was apparently outside the safe swim zone. It's been bloody windy so I expect it was really rough. [emoji20]

My dad always used to take me in the sea when the red flag was up, we liked the stronger waves especially when I had my dinghy. So stupid!
Someone died in Jersey in the same storm... apparently from swimming while sea was really rough :(

I've lived here 16 yrs and moved from Luton where I lived just off bury park. The racism down here is so obvious when you first move here and anything you try to do to change it is very hard.

Well I am down in Dorset for the next two weeks. Hoping to be in Boscombe on Tuesday then calling in at Weymouth on my way back to Sherborne. So am up for it!

OK, how about this Saturday then? On the assumption that some urbs have proper jobs.

Definitely the pub and possibly some beach time if the weather is good.

I need to moan about the shitty bins - minging food waste bin emptied fortnightly and a crappy sack instead of a wheelie bin :mad:

DSC_0088.JPG

Back
Top Bottom