Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Official Dorset Thread

Welcome to Dorset. There's Miss Daisy too, in Bournemouth. Will be good to meet up as I completely failed at getting to Boudicca's meet.

Love Dorset , have spent many holidays there. Big up The Square and Compass :cool: Arne , Portland, Weymouth (didn't particularly like Dorchester tbf :()

I was born in Dorset, Spetisbury. Idyllic childhood location at the time - late 50s and early 60s. We actually had village outings where the entire village went on a bus to Lyme Regis or Sandbanks every year. There were steam trains passing through until Beaching shut the station. It was all conkers, blackberries, minnows, the watercress beds and going to Blandford to the Corn Exchange to buy butter. (cinema/five woodbines/fish and chips/change from a shilling etc)

What's that big old style hotel on the sea front. The one with the columns? was there a couple of years ago just before Christmas. Queen Vic or something... Esplinade was alright, albeit grey and cold then...

Used to go to Weymouth a lot as a kid. I was briefly allergic to Dorset though for a while. Astmah like symptoms, Dr gave me the blue and brown enhalors. Different pollon.

Definitely going to this :cool: eta: Tues / Wed next week

Weymouth Carnival

The Esplanade is about 200m from my house

Feels nice being able to say that tbh :)
They do love a festival down here, although they can seem a bit meh when you're used to Notting Hill and Lambeth Country Show.

They also really like dressing up in costumes - do you have your pirate costume sorted yet? When I met the mayor of Portland, he was dressed as a pirate.

I see that Weymouth and Portland voted 61% in favour of brexit on a 75% turnout :hmm:

Mind you Dorset is racist as fuck, Spymaster posted something to that effect recently

It is pretty white here tbf

They do love a festival down here, although they can seem a bit meh when you're used to Notting Hill and Lambeth Country Show.

They also really like dressing up in costumes - do you have your pirate costume sorted yet? When I met the mayor of Portland, he was dressed as a pirate.
I'm going to go as a Somali pirate, with aviator shades, AK47, khat and a big spliff :cool:

I've just come back from two days walking in northern Dorset along the Wessex Ridgeway. I walked 30 miles from Ludwell over Hambledon Hill through the Dorsetshire Gap ending up in the delightfully named village of Plush.

_76776044_76776043.jpg

southern-track-dorsetshire-gap-august-2014.jpg

Plush%2C_The_Brace_of_Pheasants_-_geograph.org.uk_-_425889.jpg

DT, 6 more than yours.In the north.
I had lovely fish and chips in Weymouth last week from Bennett's.
Have you found the pie shop yet ?can recommend
It's called the lunch box,on westam road

Last edited:
I checked, the pie shop is called food 2go now.
Had a lovely unexpected evening in Weymouth yesterday. Town was buzzing.Our entertainment was watching people trying to pick up the 50 pence piece some joker has stuck on the floor.
I love Weymouth I do.

Back
Top Bottom