Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

November 2011 Photo Thread

Love the photograph of the train taken with the Kodak Retina 1a. You can mess around with photoshop or whatever all you want, but using a camera like that creates an atmosphere that is very hard to reproduce on a computer for a shot like that.

I found a roll of 120 Kodak Elitechrome EL400 at the back of a drawer. It expired some time around 2004.

What else to do but try it out? :)

Mamiya M645J with Sekor C 80mm f/2.8.

Expired by cybertect, on Flickr

And Sekor C 55mm f/2.8

201111_F01_04.jpg

Love the photograph of the train taken with the Kodak Retina 1a. You can mess around with photoshop or whatever all you want, but using a camera like that creates an atmosphere that is very hard to reproduce on a computer for a shot like that.

6385575917_988d5498d3_b.jpg

I had another go at this one in Paint Shop Pro. I was looking for the composting look without excessive contrast! This was the first effort!

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6230/6328849462_d41ce315a7_b.jpg

6385575917_988d5498d3_b.jpg

I had another go at this one in Paint Shop Pro. I was looking for the composting look without excessive contrast! This was the first effort!

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6230/6328849462_d41ce315a7_b.jpg

It's really hard to say why I like the images from some old cameras from the technical quality of the image..but over all from the one linked to flickr it really captures 'something' and thats not necessarily a 'retro' look.

I'm going to have to get shooting with film again. I've always fancied one of those 1930's Carl Zeiss 6x9.

Another Yashica rangefinder

Yashica Electro 35 GTN by cybertect, on Flickr

Yashica Electro 35 GTN rear by cybertect, on Flickr

and a Canon oddity, their last FD body, made by Cosina while Canon's factories were busy churning out autofocus EOS cameras.

Canon T60 by cybertect, on Flickr

I too got an Yashica Electro from the carboot a while ago. I was very impressed with the images I saw on here when I was lurking about. Just need to sort out some batteries out.

I've not been around for a while, but it's that time of year again... time to hibernate and post mindless drivel :D

mirrorshot.jpg

Back
Top Bottom