November 2011 Photo Thread

stowpirate

skinflintish camera nut
6314307889_f51baf448f_b.jpg

6314828036_680df84cf9_b.jpg

6314310499_c0fd7e4fac_b.jpg

6314829384_9b6a1e6a97_b.jpg

6314827356_2e821bc6ce_b.jpg

Taken with LX5, Mountain images taken on Moel yr Ogof adjacent mountain or hill to Moel Hebog. Trains and church in Porthmadog.

Moel yr Ogof

very beautiful part of the world you live in stowpirate!!! :)

I am from Suffolk which is a flat featureless landscape full of cars and people with lots of open sky. Just got back from two weeks of walking/climbing/hiking/drinking in Wales!

I am from Suffolk which is a flat featureless landscape full of cars and people with lots of open sky. Just got back from two weeks of walking/climbing/hiking/drinking in Wales!

Oh right, I thought you lived there.. Did you get to Rhossilli beach on the Gower when you were there?

6322827536_736c8e68c3_b.jpg

Mountain Lake on the footpath to Moel Hebog & Moel yr Ogof. The route of the now dissused Gorseddau Junction and Portmadoc Railway is just off the photo behind the trees. Three images stitched with MS Ice.

6322467883_118fac0769_b.jpg

View from Craig Isallt towards Moel Hebog & Moel yr Ogof - Two photos stitched.

6322895570_ea45b1e4a3_b.jpg

Cwm Pennant Valley Slate Mine located near Isallt Bach Cottage. There appears to be another Railway running down the valley to Portmadog? - All taken with Olympus XA

That last one is delicious. What film were you using?

Kodak Versatility 400 Colour film that expired in 2006. Cheap film they packaged with throwaway basic cameras like Le Clic's etc etc... I can see some of my photos are very grainy and others not which is probably down to exposure and local Asdas film scanner.

6323116902_be14880463_b.jpg

Craig Isallt with Craig-y-garn in the distance - again the Olympus XA and out of date film. The slate mine is about 100 foot in front, you can see the top of one of the trees that is on the previous photo.

This month I am going to bore you lot with hundreds of photos of Wales. I took about 200 film based images over the last couple of weeks and I have no idea how many digital. Also one B&W DIY film effort with a folding Kodak Retina :D

Oh right, I thought you lived there.. Did you get to Rhossilli beach on the Gower when you were there?

Mostly the Cwm Pennant Valley area and just south of Aberystwyth in cheap off/low season Holiday cottages. I tried not to use the car and walked everywhere. The plan was to climb Moel Hebog but on the day the weather was against us. Dingle our Cocker Spaniel got a bit wet and cold! We decided on another dryer day we would try climbing the adjacent Mountain Moel yr Ogof as it looked more demanding and was not as high.

Looks beautiful stowpirate.

I wish I was drawn to walking oot in the countryside a bit more.

Looks beautiful stowpirate.

I wish I was drawn to walking oot in the countryside a bit more.

Had a great time taking photos. Wales is good place to visit this time of year.

6328850208_fff0b96b25_b.jpg

6328095815_a276cee65e_b.jpg

6328849462_d41ce315a7_b.jpg

Taken with a well worn folding 35mm Kodak Retina 1a with Schneider Xenar 50mm f3.5 lens dating from c1950. Film used B&W Ilford FP4 125. Film was developed using out of date very brown/black Ilford, Multigrade paper developer. Dev time was 5.5mins 1+19. Also used Jessops cheap fixer which had been used a few times before. Film was hung on the garden line to dry. Scanned with a nasty cheap stand alone Veho VFS-008.

Not yet.

I bought it a couple of weeks ago from talkphotography.co.uk classifieds and I've a few recently purchased rolls of short dated 35mm Velvia and some expired 120 Portra and BW400CN to get through which means I'll probably be using my T90 or A1 and my Mamiya M645J or Yashica 124G for the foreseeable future.

The Lynx had been recently CLA-ed and has new light seals, so I shouldn't need to run a test roll through it.

I have one of those, I haven't used it for 20 years or so. Mine is the Singapore built model although I originally had a proper German made one which was stolen. I haven't got the proper case for it though. You can tell which films are taken on these cameras because the edge markings are up upside down relative to the image. The film canister goes in 'upside down' on the left and is wound through to the right. A very light and pocketable camera - lots of fun.

Back
Top Bottom