Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

No Mayweather vs Canelo thread?

Got home just in time for Money vs Canelo (thankfully didn't start until half 5) due to over zealous old bill stopping a man cos he was out riding on an expensive bike at 3am in the morning :mad:

Fight starting to warm up nicely. Canelo's best round, even if he didn't win it, but I'll give it to him.

5-1 for Money,

He's a joy to watch.

Bottom line = Mayweather shut out, being generous I give it 11-1.

Boxing legend, live on big fuck off TV and not Youtube clips.

Got home just in time for Money vs Canelo (thankfully didn't start until half 5) due to over zealous old bill stopping a man cos he was out riding on an expensive bike at 3am in the morning :mad:
I'm going back out on my bike again now.

Athos said:
Mayweather - a unanimous points decision, by about 7 or 8 rounds.

I think this should have been the right result, by all accounts. Haven't seen the fight yet, but I get the impression that the judge who scored it a draw will come under some scrutiny!

Mayweather is a complete knob, but a truly great boxer.

11-1 Mayweather, several levels above Alvarez and every other likely opponent at present, his only competition now is Father Time.

Garcia showed against Khan that he can take a shot, but I still thought Matthysse would have enough to stop him. Garcia isn't great at any one thing but he's very good all round, and with Cotto coming towards the end the way is open for him to get the Puerto Rican fanbase behind him. He's a likely Mayweather opponent in the future, Mayweather's got four fights left on his contract and there aren't a whole load of credible, commercially viable opponents out there. The winner of Khan-Alexander will be in the mix, likewise Broner assuming he gets through Maidana, Pacquiao may come back into the picture out of sheer necessity and the amount of money that still can be made. None of those names gives Mayweather any trouble until age catches up with him.

None of those names gives Mayweather any trouble until age catches up with him.

Yes. There's nobody in his league. His people will spend the next year trying to build one of the (perfectly decent but outclassed) fighters named into a semi-credible threat for marketing purposes. Then after he beats that one, they'll do it again with the next.

Only had chance to watch this recently. Watching Mayweather fight is like poetry in motion, always a privilege (even if he is a dick.)

Canelo was overmatched though, and if Mayweather fights Amir Khan then Khan will be too. I don't expect Mayweather to take on any risky fighters at his age, so just enjoy it while he's still around.

Good point. There's no-one out there who can touch him.

His potential opponents are the winner of Amir Khan - Devon Alexander or the winner of Juan Manuel Marquez - Timothy Bradley. If Manny Pac beats Brandon Rios comfortably then maybe that fight is on again? Pacquiao 3 years ago would've been a good fight, but now the attraction has gone. There's little competition for him out of that lot, and he's beaten Marquez once already. There's no-one else under 154lbs who's going to give him any kind of fight. I can't see him losing his 0 by the time he retires.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom