Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

No Mayweather vs Canelo thread?

Numbers

an ting!
Greatest boxer in our generation fighting tonight and not a peep, not unsurprising.

Urban has never been the best place for boxing discussion I know, but what do you few think?

No really related to the fight, but I read an article the other day about Mayweather have different coloured luxury cars as it helped him remember which mansion he was currently staying in.

:cool:

I see Mayweather getting the UD decision, too quick and smart for Alverez at this stage. Certainly looking forward to it though, assuming I'm awake and can find a stream. Canelo's face looked a little drawn to me, i'm intrigued to see what weight he comes in at and how he goes about applying his bigger size. I'm backing Matthyse though not under-estimating Garcia.

Boxings dead, eh!? Dan Rafael reckons tonight has done over $20million on gate receipts alone! People were locked out of the weigh-in yesterday with around 11000 packed in and i'm enjoying the card on 5, prime time national network :)

The odds for a drawer have dropped sharply! It's not really comparable to the last Burns fight but there'd be a lot of money in a rematch.......

I doubt it very much and hope we get a clear victor, just thought it was worth mentioning, down to 16-1 now, apparently.

I've a pet hate for people filming everything on their phones, concerts, sports, weigh-ins and the like. If i'd been there i'd probably have been one of them!

I need a tactical sleep, drunk already, got work tomorrow e.t.c. What time is the Garcia vs Matthysse ring walk expected? Alarms are set for 3.20.

is there any boxing on I can watch in the mean time?

I was in bed at 9:30 yesterday, no way am I staying up till 4 am.

is there any boxing on I can watch in the mean time?

I was in bed at 9:30 yesterday, no way am I staying up till 4 am.
Start with Tyson vs Holyfield 1 for intensity (as posted by Bernie elsewhere)

Maybe followed by Barrera vs Morales 1 (but do check the trilogy)

Then Gatti vs Ward 1 (but again check the trilogy)

If that's not enough give Vazquez vs Marquez a watch (and as above check the trilogy)

If the above aren't enough then watch the Fight of the Century (Ali vs Frazier 1)

Thanks again to Numbers for accidentally reminding me that this was tonight on the bike racing thread!

Already alternating beer and coffee.

Godamm it, I love you. I meant live stuff but that is a fucking great idea. See you in about 5 hours.
Watch all the abov trilogies and you're looking at 14/16 hours of brilliance - and apart from Kid Galahad earlier, unless you're into some hardcore Argentinian, Latvian, Mexican stuff there's not much live until tonights card starts.

Fortunately I no longer smoke and tonight I'm not drinking so I'm actually going out for a ride on my bike for a cpl of hours :cool: had a lovely kip this afternoon after (when it was on) the Vuelta in prep for tonight.

Watch all the abov trilogies and you're looking at 14/16 hours of brilliance - and apart from Kid Galahad earlier, unless you're into some hardcore Argentinian, Latvian, Mexican stuff there's not much live until tonights card starts.

Fortunately I no longer smoke and tonight I'm not drinking so I'm actually going out for a ride on my bike for a cpl of hours :cool: had a lovely kip this afternoon after (when it was on) the Vuelta in prep for tonight.

I just watched the gatti - ward fight. I started by watching gatti cos I had heard of him, but switched pretty quick to watching ward. I know nothing about boxing but Gatti looked like the better boxer and ward just soaked it all up. Nothing was hurting him even though he cut his eye in the 1st. And then the end of the 5th and the 9th... wow. Proper toe to toe stuff.

I think the only fight I watched before which i really loved was calzaghe - lacy. That just stuck with me, lacy kept trying to hit him and he just wasn't there any more. :cool:

I just watched the gatti - ward fight. I started by watching gatti cos I had heard of him, but switched pretty quick to watching ward. I know nothing about boxing but Gatti looked like the better boxer and ward just soaked it all up. Nothing was hurting him even though he cut his eye in the 1st. And then the end of the 5th and the 9th... wow. Proper toe to toe stuff.

I think the only fight I watched before which i really loved was calzaghe - lacy. That just stuck with me, lacy kept trying to hit him and he just wasn't there any more. :cool:
IMO as good as Calzaghe vs Lacy was/is, it's nothing compared to the wars/rivalries of any of those posted.

IMO as good as Calzaghe vs Lacy was/is, it's nothing compared to the wars/rivalries of any of those posted.

Well then, that makes me happy cos I loved that fight. I remember you saying much the same about cycling a while ago, but I've obviously got a lot to be getting on with. :)

Well then, that makes me happy cos I loved that fight. I remember you saying much the same about cycling a while ago, but I've obviously got a lot to be getting on with. :)
Fucking hell man, I never knew cycling was so friggin good - watching the Vuelta today was incredible. I've been blessed being a boxing fan all these years and even more blessed to have to get to know cycling the last couple. I cycled up a fair bit of Alpe d'Huez this year (made it to just before Dutch corner) and cycled the RideLondon 100 so I'm hooked 100%, I even have a week trip booked for the Lake District (for The Struggle, Wrynose and the Hardknott) in March 2014. I used to think boxing was the toughest sport but I'm no longer as biased.

Fucking hell man, I never knew cycling was so friggin good - watching the Vuelta today was incredible. I've been blessed being a boxing fan all these years and even more blessed to have to get to know cycling the last couple. I cycled up a fair bit of Alpe d'Huez this year (made it to just before Dutch corner) and cycled the RideLondon 100 so I'm hooked 100%, I even have a week trip booked for the Lake District (for The Struggle, Wrynose and the Hardknott) in March 2014. I used to think boxing was the toughest sport but I'm no longer as biased.

How our lives have changed! ;)

We should have a pint in the Castle some night :)

U still in London?

Ha, the Castle, what a boozer. In London for a few precious weeks only! Moving out to the sticks in three weeks - schools, space, greenery (and not the old sort) are taking priority. You? Keeping the IT backbone of the City running?

Ha, the Castle, what a boozer. In London for a few precious weeks only! Moving out to the sticks in three weeks - schools, space, greenery (and not the old sort) are taking priority. You? Keeping the IT backbone of the City running?
Something like that brother, well... others do that ;-)

Back
Top Bottom