Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Nintendo Switch

mwgdrwg

Be a Pisces. Jam.
Nintendo are showing the first glimpse of their next console in a trailer to be released today at 3pm.

itsameeeee.png

Here it is:

Last edited:
Amazed there is a lack of comments on this.

I think this guy sums it up pretty well, but doubt i will bother as I got a PS4 and have played on it for about 2 hours in 12 months.

Hmm, I'm holding out opinion until I see more games.

I've got a Wii U, which will already play the Mario Kart/Zelda/Splatoon games they showed.

I have a tablet for commuting, if this lets you run apps on it like kindle I'd be very tempted. Nintendo make perfect commuting games.

I was wishing that the woman in the ad when she saw her friends outside having drinks would decide to put the game down
and go and have some device free human interaction.

While more games are generally good Nintendo does have an advantage that it had a bunch of games that made a Wii U worth getting just for that small catalogue. I pretty much got it just on the strength of mario kart.

But then i do say that cming from a PC gamer background. I use PC most triple A and indie stuff. The Wii U is just there to run the few games i got for it like a boss.

Seems Capcom and Konami are back on board with Ninty, so that can only be a good thing.

Capcom made loads of dosh on the 3DS with Monster Hunter. They have a new one coming for launch. If it's a proper HD Monster Hunter I can play online and out and abut....could be a system seller for me.

I predict this won't be able to connect to the internet without WiFi. And even then not without being in the dock. I hope I'm wrong.

I predict this won't be able to connect to the internet without WiFi. And even then not without being in the dock. I hope I'm wrong.

What do you want? A co-axial port and support for apple talk?

jokes aside it looks like the roving unit has some sort of local communication system.

I think your gonna have to go with a hot spot on your phone then.

while i could imagine mobile internet would be an interesting addition I can imagine why gaming devices don't bother with it. same as most laptops too.

Ok this made me chuckle

200.gif

Very slick advert, clearly going for the male millennial segment.

Looks interesting but if it's less powerful than the current gen it'll be another Nintendo reshash of their IPs.

There's also a BIG question about battery life for the screen. And third party support (a bunch of logos on a screen means nothing, I want to see a launch game list).

Nintendo aren't back, they've just caught enough attention to allow them time to show they might be.

I really like the look of the Switch but I read that the processor is very under powered and will not be able to play many games on it except those specifically repurposed/made for handheld. (I guess this is obvious though)
Publishers/developers will only do that if there is a high enough demand.. chicken and egg.

I really like the look of the Switch but I read that the processor is very under powered and will not be able to play many games on it except those specifically repurposed/made for handheld. (I guess this is obvious though)
Publishers/developers will only do that if there is a high enough demand.. chicken and egg.

I've read that it's somewhere inbetween the Xbox One and the PS4, so porting should not be an issue. Nobody really knows though.

I'm getting one, the Nintendo games will look incredible, that is guaranteed.

I've read that it's somewhere inbetween the Xbox One and the PS4, so porting should not be an issue. Nobody really knows though.

I'm getting one, the Nintendo games will look incredible, that is guaranteed.
No way.... sec, I'll find the text that says its underpowered....

ok... sooo... :/...maybe...
'It’s core hardware is a modified nVidia Tegra chip, which leads me to believe that it probably isn’t going to be as powerful in terms of hardware as the current generation, and certainly won’t be as powerful as the upgraded versions (PS4 Pro, XBox One S)'

From a blog that Vintage Paw recommended called 'Ask a Game Dev'

But say it is as powerful.. I don't see any fans on that Switch to cool the processor etc...

ok... sooo... :/...maybe...
'It’s core hardware is a modified nVidia Tegra chip, which leads me to believe that it probably isn’t going to be as powerful in terms of hardware as the current generation, and certainly won’t be as powerful as the upgraded versions (PS4 Pro, XBox One S)'

From a blog that Vintage Paw recommended called 'Ask a Game Dev'

It's all guesswork.

"Whatever the case, though, it seems the raw power will be somewhere between 1TFLOP and 1.5TFLOPs. That figure puts it in range of the Xbox One, which quoted 1.31TFLOPs, and behind the PlayStation 4, which quoted 1.84TFLOPs."

Back
Top Bottom