Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Night Drive Thru Babylon

killer b

That vase.
I've been driving quite a bit at night recently, and really enjoy it with the right soundtrack - repetitive, minimal and hypnotic, not too pounding. And looong. I've a playlist featuring Basic Channel, E2-E4, music for 18 musicians and some dub techno mixes, but need more.

So... long form techno, pulsing minimalism and the like, ideal for late night speeding down motorways - post your favourites below

*subscribed

this was posted under e2 e4 on youtube as a suggested next track to play after - just playing now and its a good shout... maybe a bit too euro...eta: started well but i got annoyed by it. give it a try though
Lindstrom's Where You Go I Go Too

Last edited:
ideal for late night speeding down motorways
the first time i ever heard Late Junction on the radio (radio 3) I was setting off from London at 10pm to do an all night drive up to Scotland - didnt know what we'd tuned in to and that show really made that trip (for the 2hrs it was on) ...theres some wonderful stuff of this ilk that gets played on there but god knows what it is or was

Had a quick scan through and listening in full now - liking it :thumbs:

Any more? I've started a playlist in your honour so don't let me down please :)

*nodding head at 140bpm* :cool:

Ha. :D

That scion arrange and process basic channel mix gave me a good run up to Manchester the other night...
I'm doing loads of motorway miles, I've got a decent car with a pukka sound system but I always end up listening to fucking Talksport :oops: so all mixes / recommendations / links etc appreciated :thumbs:

not quite whats been asked for but ticks some boxes , i did a jazz epics mix a while back - basically five long jazz tracks back to back - lots of repetition and tunneling going on in this...most of it is on a low-key zoned out tip

Lee Morgan - Search For The New Land 15:45 (1964)
Keith Jarrett - Desert Sun (live at the Blue Note) 28:34 (1994)
Pharoah Sanders - Hum-Allah-Hum-Allah-Hum-Allah 15:10 (1969)
Miles Davis - Mademoiselle Mabry 12:02 (1968)
Abdullah Ibrahim - African Market 8:17 (1974)
http://mikusmusik.blogspot.co.uk/2009/09/j-to-z-pt2-epics.html

i liked it but it made me dizzy this miles davis thing
smiley32.gif

do you know Miles Davis' Circle in the Round ska invita ? 20-odd minutes, gets an almost motorik groove going. High quality. :cool:

Ooh, I haven't listened to that in ages, so thanks for the reminder.

Here's another Miles' track that might fit the bill, provided you're not too concerned about actually getting straight to your intended destination...

I have no useful musical suggestions, as I like to listen to Krautrock or metal, but: Mmmmmm, night driving! :cool:
Particularly good in a convertible with the roof off, just listening to the night swishing by.

Back
Top Bottom