Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Next Microsoft flight simulator looks astonishing

I booted it up again the other day to another 10GB update. Left it overnight. There’s a helicopter you can get by some modding team that I’m looking forward to. Much preferred helis in XPlane.

Everyone given up on this? Get yourselves the airbus 145 mod. It’s in early access and about thirty quid. Helicopters piss on fixed wing and it’s fairly forgiving as far as helicopters go.

I gave it a long rest while waiting for certain improvements to the visuals in prominent locations. And I also wanted a new controller but there was no prospect of stock of those at the time. So I put it to one side and forgot all about it. I will revisit it imminently and yes the prospect of helicopters is appealing, cheers.

I'm getting the thrustmaster airbus sidestick controller. Not really interested in flying an airbus but I wasnt about to get the warthog controller, didnt fancy most of the other joystick type controllers, and dont have a desk suitable for mounting a yoke type controller.

Is anyone doing anything interesting with addons in MSFS? I open it up occasionally to fly around somewhere pretty, but it doesn't really feel like a 'game' that you want to keep going back to regularly really. I had some YouTube videos on "career mode" addons recommended recently though, maybe that's a way to augment the core experience, although they didn't look all that interesting...

Is anyone doing anything interesting with addons in MSFS? I open it up occasionally to fly around somewhere pretty, but it doesn't really feel like a 'game' that you want to keep going back to regularly really. I had some YouTube videos on "career mode" addons recommended recently though, maybe that's a way to augment the core experience, although they didn't look all that interesting...
On the home screen there's training and challenges without you having to spend a penny. But yeah, the purpose of those kinds of add-ons is to put meaning onto the sandbox for those that want that.

Helicopters coming in the next update. I’m already using the Airbus H145 though.
I’m guessing by how dead this thread is that most people got bored. It’s a simulator not a game. If you want that you really need to buy the study level 3rd party add ons rather than the gamey stuff that comes out of the box.

Back
Top Bottom