Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

New Year's Eve 2023 -> 2024. Where will you be celebrating?

editor

hiraethified
So where are you all going this NYE?

Back in the day, the Dogstar used to be good for a late after party, but I doubt if it'll be open that later and sadly the wonderful 414 has gone forever :(

As for me, I'm DJing the Albert till around 3am - and it's free all night.

nye-203-web.jpg

So where are you all going this NYE?

Back in the day, the Dogstar used to be good for a late after party, but I doubt if it'll be open that later and sadly the wonderful 414 has gone forever :(

As for me, I'm DJing the Albert till around 3am - and it's free all night.

View attachment 406200

I have 4 tickets in Red Zone - does anyone want them? I have to transfer them from my name to whoever wants them. Last min cancellation by family in Wales. I wouldn't mind £20 for them (they cost me £80)

I have 4 tickets in Red Zone - does anyone want them? I have to transfer them from my name to whoever wants them. Last min cancellation by family in Wales. I wouldn't mind £20 for them (they cost me £80)
Only have 30 mins in which to transfer name as AXS closes at 5 pm. Prolly too late.

The home of our co-grandparents which is about 20-30 min walk away (when sober), Eldest and her husband are going out and will leave their sons with their paternal grandparents. Mrs Q has agreed with her opposite number that she and I will stroll over and join them to help watch the boys and provide any necessary help they may need in drinking any booze that might be left over from the Xmas celebrations.

Neither in Brixton, but the Fox and Firkin in Lewisham looks good for a midnight stomp (with an additional soundsystem in their huge and impressive garden), Slipmatt and Ratpack among others performing. Might head to The Birds Nest in Deptford afterwards which, for a pub, is open until an amusingly late hour- 9am. Free entry too 🥳

Heading out to the local pub/izakaya in 3 or 4 hours time. With the demand on taxis, we'll probably walk home and stop at the local shrine. There will be a lot of people there, important time of year. Been cleaning up the home today as have a mate staying tonight.

In my bed. I'll probably be awake but that's as much as I can be doing with the whole thing. My kids are all out for the evening and only one of them is coming back here to sleep (one in Glasgow and one at his dad's) and although I have an invite to one of my brothers' place it would involve an epic two bus and considerable on-foot trek across the closed off city centre in the middle journey to achieve getting there and back. Plus it's a whole festival about getting pissed and I don't drink and can't really be arsed with it.

Why is the new year thread in the forum for Londoners forced by cruel circumstance to live on the wrong side of the river?

Today looks like a bed day and I’ll likely be asleep by 22:00. Earplugs should deal with any fireworks.

Why is the new year thread in the forum for Londoners forced by cruel circumstance to live on the wrong side of the river?

Today looks like a bed day and I’ll likely be asleep by 22:00. Earplugs should deal with any fireworks.
I think it was to highlight NY events south of the river, but most of us are too old, tired and disaffected to go out at NY if at all.

I've added ten events happening in Brixton tonight. Some of the prices are sky high!

That's a pretty uninspiring set of events for Brixton which you would expect to be rocking on NYE. The choices seem pretty limited to disco or pop music. Surprised both The Jamm and Hootananny are having disco events when they are both capable of putting on events with artists that play music of a more underground and credible nature.

That's a pretty uninspiring set of events for Brixton which you would expect to be rocking on NYE. The choices seem pretty limited to disco or pop music. Surprised both The Jamm and Hootananny are having disco events when they are both capable of putting on events with artists that play music of a more underground and credible nature.
If I had my way, I'd still be putting on free multi band NYE events at the Albert - it's hard to believe now that some of our shows would go on till 5am.

At least I'm still doing free NYE events, even when I have to push the venue really hard to keep it that way.

There are bands on at Hoots though. Jamm seems to hardy ever put on live shows these days.

Back
Top Bottom