Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

New(ish) Shoegaze(ish)

New album ‘The Tallest Room’ from Leeds band, Van Houten is an absolute banger. They seem to have been around for a while, lots of line up changes and sounds, but they’ve nailed it with this.

Just listening to the new Belong album.... was a huge fan of their first previous albums in the early to mid 2000s. This is their first album since 2011 and is sounding pretty great. It's not straight shoegaze throughout but the shoegazing element is strong enough to warrant posting here....

Just listening to the new Belong album.... was a huge fan of their first previous albums in the early to mid 2000s. This is their first album since 2011 and is sounding pretty great. It's not straight shoegaze throughout but the shoegazing element is strong enough to warrant posting here....

I've got that on at the moment, and I like it.

Do you really think it's not truly shoegaze? It sounds like MBV to me, with the vocals a lot more buried.

Slightly strange, slightly shoegaze concept album from a Argentinian and a Canadian, where the sountrack to Minecraft is interpreted in an emo-style. Not a bad listen.

Been listening to this too. I like it.

Went to see Hotline TNT in Brighton on Tuesday. Fucking great it was too... Album came out last year so counts as new(ish) and is really top drawer...

New album from Hello Mary out today. A very young three piece from Brooklyn. Saw them at End of the Road and they ruled. Enough shoegaze in there to warrant posting here - though a bit grungier and noisier at times. Album sounding really tasty...

Back
Top Bottom