Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

New Forest and the surrounds days out with the kids

Which site(s) are you going to be at? A few urbs, inc me, live in the area.

• Beaches - Barton/Milford are closest I think but Bournemouth's not far - Boscombe is my favourite but it's generally looked down on
  • Motor museum @ Beaulieu (though maybe not cheap)
  • Loads of walks/cycling (though tbf I don't much like cycling in the forest - too much on the roads and no cycle lanes - though there are a lot of gravel tracks)
  • Calshot has got a massive activity centre but again I'm not sure of the cost
  • Horseriding
  • Kayak/canoe/SUP etc (depending when you're around, you can borrow my kayak if you want)
  • Fordingbridge has got a big waterpark where you can wakeboard/waterski on a cable system - my nephew had a party there and loved it - banana boat rides etc
  • There's loads of 'experiences' you can do - archery, chucking axes etc
  • Depending where you are in the forest, Southampton is close - pretty uninspiring but there's the Titanic Museum, shopping centre, cinemas, chain shops etc etc

Go to Lyndhurst. Every Thursday and Sunday Nicholas Lyndhurst rides around his domain, bareback on a white stallion, giving away free vegetables to anyone who will pay him homage.

Go to Lyndhurst. Every Thursday and Sunday Nicholas Lyndhurst rides around his domain, bareback on a white stallion, giving away free vegetables to anyone who will pay him homage.
Just googled it, £110 for a family ticket 😢

Which site(s) are you going to be at? A few urbs, inc me, live in the area.

• Beaches - Barton/Milford are closest I think but Bournemouth's not far - Boscombe is my favourite but it's generally looked down on
  • Motor museum @ Beaulieu (though maybe not cheap)
  • Loads of walks/cycling (though tbf I don't much like cycling in the forest - too much on the roads and no cycle lanes - though there are a lot of gravel tracks)
  • Calshot has got a massive activity centre but again I'm not sure of the cost
  • Horseriding
  • Kayak/canoe/SUP etc (depending when you're around, you can borrow my kayak if you want)
  • Fordingbridge has got a big waterpark where you can wakeboard/waterski on a cable system - my nephew had a party there and loved it - banana boat rides etc
  • There's loads of 'experiences' you can do - archery, chucking axes etc
  • Depending where you are in the forest, Southampton is close - pretty uninspiring but there's the Titanic Museum, shopping centre, cinemas, chain shops etc etc
Thanks mate already that’s given me something…my son is obsessed with the titanic.

Back
Top Bottom